Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Finally tracked one down!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Finally tracked one down!

Click image for larger version

Name:	20200302_180550.jpg
Views:	407
Size:	176.1 KB
ID:	810773 after a week of trying to get this thing it finally happened today, had to drive an hour round trip but looking forward to making some great food on this! Never done any griddle cooking but supper excited. Any tips or suggestions for some first cooks? ComfortablyNumb how u liking yours?

Bacon burgers with grilled onions, grilled buns, took me about 2 hours to season mine, love it

Comment

marshall Congratulations! An hour one way isn't bad, we are two hours one way to the 'big city'. First thing to do is season it. A chronicle of my seasoning and first cook are here: https://pitmaster.amazingribs.com/fo...the-blackstone

Any questions, just feel free to ask.

Comment

Lucky man ive been looking!

Comment

• ComfortablyNumb
          ComfortablyNumb commented
          Editing a comment
          Find it on walmart.com, then use the store finder. You'll come across a lot of 'out of stock', but eventually find one with one or a few in stock. Even then, I'd suggest buying online and checking before going to pick up.

How about Yakisoba?

Name:	L7vhon2S2fpWkoY4sohKkPCzm-TfgvzOI2685FCopM51L7n0j4-SmAGoDBJSNo1yCHCZ3R-wUxke9mQMbqcbvHbuKijgS7dk_2SxEBIYzH76yeGVlEeRNhL1dVBZ53Z-DqVwS6hWvQzpg6_FGs9wp2dyYyXoBF80ZH0BKLF3-AfcmAdpf_ycvDZkcCxJlKfaSE3EaPuL9OQJ6J_zTIVrp61TyGtdC-YQVgcieC7wZSy03ciTHNo3ZH-BLD-unbF
Views:	391
Size:	129.6 KB
ID:	810787

Name:	d2bsTzNaLn-wuUSJXaMuWKu6wjjJH2q_gHsCtQXKWW-NwZT6qoSMmkLjb25odaR1mIJGCTkoa4ybZ4lGpQ6-pHkI9aGc3wB5Sb1FKAKyOs92FBHHr46GHTnTYSe8PfY5Hu_3Z4aC1Ut4Uj5tNzBCpppm88-hn6lMbI7Q25o6IbBqfiGetF57wTbK3NiCk5oYMj6hu897nChGaBtKbLCE4J6nL-Oe099CXXjtZb2zrxeYP8M7g-Tsus_EBUfEO7L
Views:	390
Size:	133.7 KB
ID:	810788

Comment

• SmokingSteve
          SmokingSteve commented
          Editing a comment
          hey Attjack is that a Cuisinart 360? I picked up JHapka's before he moved to MN. how do you like it?

Congrats.

Comment

I like boned out, with skin chicken thighs with way too much salt, garlic and cumin. So good and crunchy.

Comment

There's been one lurking on the shelf at our local Walmart for months now, its tried jumping in our cart but my wife keeps on tossing it back out.

Comment

• klflowers
              klflowers commented
              Editing a comment
              If she is anything like my wife, just buy her some shoes. Of course, it may take lots of shoes - the last time I tried it, she said one pair was not nearly enough to let me get that pbc...

• ComfortablyNumb
              Editing a comment
              klflowers I've always told people my marriage is like the relationship Magnum had with Higgins. Once one states a want, the other starts negotiating a deal!

• smokin fool
              smokin fool commented
              Editing a comment
              She gets an $1800 pair of Jimmy Choo pumps and I get a $200 griddle....
              I'll use that griddle more than she wears those shoes

funny how the video ComfortablyNumb posted about seasoning the griddle says oil doesnt matter, and this guy says flax seed is by far superior..they both work for blackstone it appears..anyone have opinions on the oil ? Brewmaster ? I'll probably just use canola or extra virgin olive oil i have on hand

Comment

• Attjack
              Attjack commented
              Editing a comment
              I used to use flax on my cast iron but I found that it goes rancid quickly. In my experience this results in a fishy smell and off-tastes in your food. I prefer to use avocado oil which is my go-to vegetable oil for high heat.

• ComfortablyNumb
              Editing a comment
              In your video he says 'most vegetable oils will do the trick, but highly recommend flax'. I used, and use in cooking, avocado oil. I'm sure canola will be fine. The point is to get some on there for seasoning before actually cooking. When you cook you'll use more oil, and fats from meat, and it will build up. Just always keep it oiled, avoid letting it get wet, and cook, cook, cook.

Name:	20200302_192100.jpg
Views:	349
Size:	127.6 KB
ID:	810854Click image for larger version

Name:	20200302_192116.jpg
Views:	369
Size:	115.3 KB
ID:	810855 just got it together, hopefully season tomorrow

Comment

• Andrrr
              Andrrr commented
              Editing a comment
              Congrats! Looks awesome.

• JOE E
              JOE E commented
              Editing a comment
              Where and how did you end up getting it. I've been trying

• Geekandproud
              Geekandproud commented
              Editing a comment
              I picked up the same one at Walmart a couple weeks ago and love it! I followed the video on the Blackstone site and seasoned with flaxseed oil. It worked well but I would never use it to season something indoors. The smoke was really acrid and I needed to take a shower when finished. I'm not sure that another oil wouldn't have worked as well. Even after seasoning it took a few cooks until it was truly non-stick. Enjoy the new toy!

There are 36” 4 burners at Walmart by me for $174 and it killed me a little to not get one. Lukewarm reception by the finance committee. All is not lost though. I’m working on something else way better (see more expensive)

Comment

• ComfortablyNumb
              Editing a comment
              If it helps, my wife loves it. Not that she cooks on it, rather I no longer cook in the kitchen. I've only used the stove to heat water and an occasional scrambled egg in a CI pan since I got the griddle. She's happy the stove and kitchen are much cleaner.

• Andrrr
              Andrrr commented
              Editing a comment
              Well I comprised and picked up the Lodge 14” CI pizza pan which I immediately brought home and made smash burgers on over the vortex. Worked really well and I think I’m going to be just fine.

JOE E checked online the walmarts close to me to see if they were in stock. If they said in stock online i tried to call to confirm becuse i ended up driving over an hour to a Walmart that had them in stock online but they didn't have them when i got there....finally i bought online for in store pick up ....then they canceled my order saying they were out of stock....tried again a couple days later and got a confirmation to pick up! Just look online at all walmarts around you.....good luck

Comment

I use Peanut oil because avocado oil affects my blood thinner medication. Both are really good, high heat oils.

Comment

It's actually not, SmokingSteve, it's an EVO Grill. I think maybe the 360 was modeled after the EVO. They seem mighty similar to me.

​
                ​​​​​​​https://www.bbqguys.com/evo/professi...RoCJusQAvD_BwE

Comment

• pkadare
                  pkadare commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Wow! No wonder you use yours so often. :-)

Sam's has their Members Mark 36" on sale right now for $199. Wifey brought me one home on Sunday. Wouldn't let me get the Blackstone on clearance at Walmart for $184 but was ok spending $199 at Sam's. Go figure.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                No announcement yet.
                Working...
                X
                false
                ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                false
                false
                {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                Yes
                ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here