Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is this a deal?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is this a deal?

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20200223-170318_Samsung Internet.jpg
Views:	394
Size:	57.9 KB
ID:	807110this seems like a great price, its at a Walmart about 30 min. From me, is it a great price ?? Why is it cheaper then the other style of Blackstone griddle (the ones without a lid) im thinking of snatching it up tomorrow.....any thoughts?

It is a great deal, I recently got one at my local Walmart for $150, the store had marked it down another $24. You can see my first adventures at https://pitmaster.amazingribs.com/fo...the-blackstone

I don't know why it is marked down, whether it is a discontinue or making room for coming stock. I suggest not waiting and snap one up.

Comment

• marshall
      marshall commented
      Editing a comment
      Nice pics,do you ever use the lid?

• ComfortablyNumb
      ComfortablyNumb commented
      Editing a comment
      marshall Oh yes, it comes already installed, I only removed it to season the grill. I put it back on after it cooled from the first cook. It sits outside without a cover (it is under a deck) and the lid keeps the cook surface clean. I have all but quit using the kitchen stove since I got it, nearly everyday and twice a day at that.

Seems like a good price. I think it's less because the demand is probably lowest for that size... If one doesn't have a lot of space, the two burner is the one. OTOH, if space allows, more people are probably going to gravitate to the 4 burner.

A quick look on their site and that one isn't listed...so it's probably been discontinued...in favour of the 2 & 4 burner models. That and they have a flock of new ones with fryers & cabinets & air fryers. If I didn't already have a 4 burner griddle I'd be all over that. It's even less than the 2 burner locally.

Comment

I stopped by Wally World on the way home to pick up a few things and decided to check out the grills. They have a Blackstone display with a 28" griddle, two burner, one side shelf, and no lid for $194. One of the store keeps caught me looking about and we started talking. He said mine was a special order for the holidays and they cleared them out since it isn't regular stock. They also had the new air fryer one in stock, $529.

Comment

• tbob4
        tbob4 commented
        Editing a comment
        You are just plain evil! Hahahahaha

• ItsAllGoneToTheDogs
        ItsAllGoneToTheDogs commented
        Editing a comment
        Ouch on the 529, I was looking forward to the air fryer one... and now we wait for sales

• Murdy
        Murdy commented
        Editing a comment
        The price may come down after the novelty wears off.

Aggravated!! So i drove about 1hr round trip today to buy that Blackstone, website said there were 7 in stock, but no they had none! Yes, i tried calling before i drove there but couldn't get anyone on the phone......i have called 3 walmarts in the area only to get transferred to patio and garden where no one picks up.....this is making me want 1 even more, its like the white whale! It should not be this hard to buy something, lol!

Comment

• ComfortablyNumb
        Editing a comment
        Afterthought, go back to the WM that has seven in stock. When they tell you they don't have any, express anger and demand to speak to a manager. Ask him/her to check to see if there are any stores that do. If they call they won't be left dangling on hold.

• tbob4
        tbob4 commented
        Editing a comment
        This happens to me with more frequency and really gets me angry. The worst offender is Sportsman’s Warehouse where I live. I’m about 20 minutes out of town. I will see something in stock, call, confirm only to find out it isn’t. To make matters worse they say they won’t honor online prices (that said the item was in stock at that price).

• mnavarre
        mnavarre commented
        Editing a comment
        I had the same experience when I bought my cuisinart 360. Walmart's website said they had 3 for $125 a pop. After an excursion to that store, which I am convinced was built on a portal to Hell itself and is staffed by demons, they of course didn't have any. According to the very nice, helpful demon that helped me look for the griddle their app is better at showing you what's available then the website. Which seems weird for a company with such tight control over it's inventory management.

I went to the Walmart web site and bought it on line and went and picked it up the following day By the way I love it best bergers
      Last edited by Brewmaster; February 24, 2020, 05:58 PM.

Comment

• ComfortablyNumb
        Editing a comment
        That would be amusing to try. Wonder what they would say when he showed up to pick it up and they have no stock?

I emailed corporate, we will see if they respond.....im gonna make it my mission to track 1 down!

Comment

• ComfortablyNumb
        Editing a comment
        Where are you and how bad? My wife is in Colville, WA and it says they have one in stock for $150. Put in zip code 99114.

Lol! ComfortablyNumb ....not that bad im an indiana boy!

Comment

• ComfortablyNumb
        Editing a comment
        Then I'm guessing you won't be getting the one in Medford, OR either? ;-)

I got my Blackstone last year on sale - price seemed completely random. I got the 36” all stainless steel model for $20 more than the basic models sells for and it came with a free cover ($40). Why it was cheaper I’ll never know...but I’m glad I have it! It’s been my favorite cooker since I got it.

Comment

marshall Supposedly there is one in
        Indianapolis, 4650 S Emerson Ave

Five in
        Columbus, 2025 Merchant Mile

Three in
        Marion, 3240 Southwestern

One in
        Monticello, 1088 W Broadway St
        Last edited by ComfortablyNumb; February 25, 2020, 12:46 PM.

Comment

• marshall
          marshall commented
          Editing a comment
          Man your good! Thanks for the intel! I better hit the road

• ComfortablyNumb
          Editing a comment
          marshall I would advise ordering online and then calling before going to ensure it is physically there. All I did was use the store finder for the major towns, you could do the same to narrow it to your part of the state. Best to you in your quest

I love mine. Have had it about a year now. The only problem I have had is with the regulator. It failed after about 8 months. I bought a higher quality one and it works great. Mow I'm thinking about buying a larger tank Have fun with it.

Comment

So i managed to speak to someone at a Walmart that has some in stock, but they cant sell them to me until they get the ok to pull them out of the back and set them on the floor! Even if i order online for pickup the site will say unavailable ...... they said to call back tomorrow and the units should be pulled and ready fir resale, ComfortablyNumb im getting closer! Haha

Comment

• ComfortablyNumb
            Editing a comment
            We're cheering for you!

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
        Yes
        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here