Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

This may be the last time I make Daeji Bulgogi

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This may be the last time I make Daeji Bulgogi

On this grill. Plus it was the first time (always made over charcoal) and it was great. Like really good. But I can't wait to fire up the EVO. I need to install a new ignition though and get it seasoned up first.

Click image for larger version  Name:	20190806_195231.jpg Views:	1 Size:	1.61 MB ID:	726426

Daeji Bulgogi with kimchi, scallions, Jasmine rice, and extra gochujang. On the side I had some coconut yogurt and berries.

Click image for larger version  Name:	20190806_200558.jpg Views:	1 Size:	940.2 KB ID:	726427 Hopefully this will be up and running in about a week or so.

Click image for larger version  Name:	20190728_132738.jpg Views:	1 Size:	509.5 KB ID:	726428

Glad to see you made it home with the EVO, I assume your home.

Comment

• Attjack
      Attjack commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks! I am home and its good to be here. I'll miss the cabin until next time though. But I like splitting my time between urban and rural living.

I actually have all the ingredients to make this except the butt. We are taking the rv out this weekend; I think I'll try and make it on the little pellet grill.

Comment

• klflowers
      klflowers commented
      Editing a comment
      Attjack, even better. If I use tenderloin, I won't have any leftovers.

• Attjack
      Attjack commented
      Editing a comment
      If you toss it in the freezer for a while it's easy to slice thinly and toss into the marinade. Then it only takes a couple of minutes or so to cook.

• klflowers
      klflowers commented
      Editing a comment
      Attjack, sounds like a plan. I'll post the results.

Not a fan of kimchi but that bowl of deliciousness in the second picture is stunning !!! Well done my friend, your talent for food photography continues to impress.

Comment

• JimLinebarger
      JimLinebarger commented
      Editing a comment
      It is an acquired taste. I love it. Acquired it when I was at K2 AB in '85-'86. Can always tell that there is 1 Korean in a room.

Looks amazing. I, on the other hand, love kimchi and, especially, gochujang. Gonna have to try something like this.

Comment

• Attjack
      Attjack commented
      Editing a comment
      I use the top half of a romaine heart for the wrap.

Amp up you bulgoi by doing the wraps with Ssamjang instead of straight gochujang. It's what Koreans use in most meat wraps. If you have a place that sell gochujang, look right next to all the red tubs and you'll green tubs. That's the ssamjang.

Comment

I'll look for it. In this case I marinaded the thinly sliced pork in the same ingredients listed in Ssamjang. Then I grilled it and served it with more gochujang on top.

Comment

I have never tried/made Bulgogi with pork, only beef. Does the tenderloin get too tough being so lean? We use it in Chow
        Mein and it can get tough quickly. Still tasty tho. I am also trying to make some of the sides to go with it. I would be the only one eating them so we don't do it. But then again, more for me.

Comment

This is the Ssamjang I use (towards the bottom). I thin it out a little with soy sauce.

Comment

• Attjack
            Attjack commented
            Editing a comment
            Thanks for the link ill make some. I'm a Seonkyoung fan.

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
        Yes
        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here