Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My sister gave me an Evo Grill

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mountainsmoker
    commented on 's reply
    Looks great

• fzxdoc
    commented on 's reply

• Attjack
    replied
    This thing is awesome. I'm opening a new culinary chapter with this style of cooker. I broke it in with Phat Bai Horapha (Thai-Style Beef With Basil and Chilies). I lifted the recipe from serious eats as I often do.

Avocado oil.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20190815_190724.jpg
Views:	317
Size:	139.8 KB
ID:	730582

Flank steak.

Name:	20190815_190807.jpg
Views:	281
Size:	171.9 KB
ID:	730583

Shallots, peppers, and garlic.

Name:	20190815_191056.jpg
Views:	326
Size:	176.0 KB
ID:	730579

The sauce.

Name:	20190815_191310.jpg
Views:	393
Size:	183.8 KB
ID:	730581

Thai basil.

Name:	20190815_191528.jpg
Views:	283
Size:	174.2 KB
ID:	730578

​​​​​​Plated up.

Name:	20190815_191903.jpg
Views:	278
Size:	137.9 KB
ID:	730580

I served it over Jasmine rice with a medium dry sake.

Name:	20190815_192149.jpg
Views:	330
Size:	101.5 KB
ID:	730577

Leave a comment:

• Attjack
    commented on 's reply
    Not bad! This same sister used to buy me and my other sister gallons of fresh pressed extra virgin olive oil. SobI guess this isn't the first time she gave me EVO.

• Huskee
    replied
    Nice, congrats! I only have sisters-in-law, and while they've bought me grill tool sets, a cocktail shaker and a Steven Raichlen book, no cookers.

Leave a comment:

• Attjack
    replied
    Looks like she needs a new ingniter but she fired right up last night with a little assist. I'm definitely chomping at the bit to cook on this thing!

Leave a comment:

• Attjack
    commented on 's reply
    This is one of the smaller models the drip ring is 35" and the steel flat top is 25".

• Spinaker
    replied
    You and Sam the Cooking Guy should do a colab! Just two Evos hangin' out! LOL.

Leave a comment:

• JCBBQ
    replied
    How Big is that sucker? I can’t tell from the pic

Leave a comment:

• Spinaker
    replied
    The ultimate deal! I can't wait to see this in action!

Leave a comment:

• Jetski
    replied
    I knew there was a reason I wish I had a sister

Leave a comment:

• fzxdoc
    replied
    Wow congrats on that score! What a peach of a Sis you have.

Kathryn

Leave a comment:

• Attjack
    commented on 's reply
    You know me, I'm going to be cooking a lot of stuff and posting it

• Attjack
    commented on 's reply
    Haha, yeah she's married and lives on an 85 acre ranch where she raises pork, lambs, turkeys, chickens, etc. That's where I buy a lot of my pork and hopefully lamb next year. I'm hoping cattle are in her future too.

• hoovarmin
    replied
    Cook something up on that baby and post it dude!

Leave a comment:

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here