Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My sister gave me an Evo Grill

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I knew there was a reason I wish I had a sister

Comment

The ultimate deal! I can't wait to see this in action!

Comment

How Big is that sucker? I can’t tell from the pic

Comment

• Attjack
          Attjack commented
          Editing a comment
          This is one of the smaller models the drip ring is 35" and the steel flat top is 25".

You and Sam the Cooking Guy should do a colab! Just two Evos hangin' out! LOL.

Comment

Looks like she needs a new ingniter but she fired right up last night with a little assist. I'm definitely chomping at the bit to cook on this thing!

Comment

Nice, congrats! I only have sisters-in-law, and while they've bought me grill tool sets, a cocktail shaker and a Steven Raichlen book, no cookers.

Comment

• Attjack
              Attjack commented
              Editing a comment
              Not bad! This same sister used to buy me and my other sister gallons of fresh pressed extra virgin olive oil. SobI guess this isn't the first time she gave me EVO.

This thing is awesome. I'm opening a new culinary chapter with this style of cooker. I broke it in with Phat Bai Horapha (Thai-Style Beef With Basil and Chilies). I lifted the recipe from serious eats as I often do.

Avocado oil.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20190815_190724.jpg
Views:	315
Size:	139.8 KB
ID:	730582

Flank steak.

Name:	20190815_190807.jpg
Views:	279
Size:	171.9 KB
ID:	730583

Shallots, peppers, and garlic.

Name:	20190815_191056.jpg
Views:	322
Size:	176.0 KB
ID:	730579

The sauce.

Name:	20190815_191310.jpg
Views:	389
Size:	183.8 KB
ID:	730581

Thai basil.

Name:	20190815_191528.jpg
Views:	281
Size:	174.2 KB
ID:	730578

​​​​​​Plated up.

Name:	20190815_191903.jpg
Views:	276
Size:	137.9 KB
ID:	730580

I served it over Jasmine rice with a medium dry sake.

Name:	20190815_192149.jpg
Views:	326
Size:	101.5 KB
ID:	730577

Comment

• fzxdoc
              fzxdoc commented
              Editing a comment

• mountainsmoker
              mountainsmoker commented
              Editing a comment
              Looks great

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here