Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Reseasoning the Blackstone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reseasoning the Blackstone

I left town for a week on business and came home to discover I didn’t put the cover on my Blackstone before I left. 🤦🏼‍♂️ Tonight is cleaning and reseasoning so it’s ready for breakfast tomorrow!

That happens from time to time. They are pretty forgiving. You should be back up and running in no time.

Comment

my beef is that the cover isnt actually water proof. if it rains then water pools and makes it sag down and then leaks through. ive done many "half" reseasonings and ive only had it 4 months or so.

Comment

Scarpe, heat and clean. Then reseason the cook top. PITA, but you need to do it from time to time.

Comment

Originally posted by grantgallagher View Post
          my beef is that the cover isnt actually water proof. if it rains then water pools and makes it sag down and then leaks through. ive done many "half" reseasonings and ive only had it 4 months or so.
          That used to happen to me when I had the Blackstone w/ soft cover. Once I started placing a full sized aluminum pan (upside down) under the cover forcing the water to run off vs pool, my issue was forever gone

Comment

• grantgallagher
            grantgallagher commented
            Editing a comment
            I like it!!!

• Jetski
            Jetski commented
            Editing a comment
            This is also what I do to solve the water pooling issue.

• Santamarina
            Santamarina commented
            Editing a comment
            I was getting serious about the hard cover, but this might be a nice way to save a few dollars!

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
        Yes
        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here