Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Another discada cook

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another discada cook

I cooked this last weekend and, OMG was it good. I chopped the peppers and added them with the onions. I used chicken instead of ham and I forgot the tomatoes - no problem, just serve with salsa on top. This made a lot, I divided and froze most of it. The tortillas are HEB's Southwest Tortillas. Based on this youtube video: https://youtu.be/IUFnf7SkFro

My Recipe:

Mexican seasoning: https://www.geniuskitchen.com/recipe...ing-mix-456146

1 lb bacon

1 lb chorizo

1 yellow onion

3 poblanos, diced

2 jalapenos, diced

2-3 chili arbols, diced

1 lb andouille sausage sliced and halved

1 lb pork

1 lb beef

1 lb chicken

I forgot to add this: 14 oz. can Red Gold diced tomatoes, drained. (Or fresh tomatoes)

Slice bacon into 1" pieces. Either buy coarse ground beef, pork, and chicken or buy cubed and chop with a cleaver. Lightly season with Mexican seasoning. Dice the onions and peppers. Slice sausage and halve the slices.

Heat discada, add bacon and cook 3/4 of the way. Slide up the sides. Add chorizo and cook. Slide up the sides. Add onion, peppers and sausage and cook, slide up sides (the chorizo wouldn't stay up so all of the previous got cooked with the chrizo). Do the same with the beef, then pork, then chicken - add diced tomatoes with the chicken. Mix everything together when chicken is mostly cooked. Heat tortillas on sides. Serve on the tortillas with cheese. Idea: add 8-12 scrambled eggs at the end (slide food up the sides, cook eggs in center, then mix everything). HEB Southwest tortillas are the best in my opinion. Idea: add chipolte peppers.

As a side note, my friend has a flat top from Sam's Club - we used it over the Memorial Day weekend to cook 6lbs of fresh shrimp that I brought when I visited him - I loved that griddle - MCS is really kicking in. Some things seem better on the discada, other things would be better on the flat top - I think I need both

Click image for larger version  Name:	100_2806.JPG Views:	1 Size:	1.18 MB ID:	691823

Click image for larger version  Name:	100_2807.JPG Views:	1 Size:	1.14 MB ID:	691822
    Last edited by 58limited; June 8, 2019, 03:38 PM.

Yeah, your thinkin is right when it come to the thinkin ya need both department. I might give what you do a try on a wok & see how it works out. Your cook looks fabulous! 🕶

Comment

That is great looking food!

Comment

• 58limited
        58limited commented
        Editing a comment
        I was surprised at how good it was. The first time I watched the video I was like "Holy Moly - meat, more meat, plus meat, and add some more meat - where's the veggies?" LOL

That does look very good.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here