Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

just got a new blackstone 28 griddle and have a problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

just got a new blackstone 28 griddle and have a problem

the left most burner wont ignite unless i do it manually with a torch lighter. easily fixed or send back?

Sometimes mine will do that too. I have a friend that has the same problem. If you blow on the flame, it will run to the other burner. It is kind of a pain, but it works.
    The burners on Blackstones are not very high quality. It is a good thing the dripping fat, salt and spices never hit them. Otherwise they would not last long.

There is always the option to send it back, but it may go away with use too. It rarely happens with mine anymore.

Comment

I had a similar issue with my 36” when it was new.
      Is the 28” 2 or 3 burners?
      What I found is ignite the first burner, keep it on high. Than open the second burner valve, also keeping it on high. Usually after a few seconds it will ignite.
      I think the wind may also play a factor here. It needs to blow the flame towards the unlit burner. Which is kinda what I’ve had to do as Spinaker mentioned.
      But as he also said this rarely happens anymore.
      Work with a little bit and if it doesn’t get better than send it back or ask their customer service or one of us here. Maybe we can help.

Comment

Haven't had this happen, leastwise not yet. (Blackstone 36)
        Mebbe I'm jus lucky, or wind conditions were favourable...???

Comment

I had this problem. My fix was unscrewing propane then screw back on. Then slowly open gas then put on high and light. Did not do it after for 3 years. ( Gave to a friend)

Comment

Oh wait. I just looked at the 28.
            It looks like it’s an igniter issue. Being the igniter is on the left side. It may be out of adjustment. Most gas burner grills have igniters that you can bend or tweak to get the spark to ignite the burner.
            Check that out and let me know if that works.

Comment

• grantgallagher
              grantgallagher commented
              Editing a comment
              I will fiddle with it and see if that helps

Mine does that with my second burner but I just light the first and third and "Boom." It goes on.

Comment

I had a new gas grill do the same thing and customer service helped fix it, igniter was not fully seated. Popped it and no problems going forward.

Comment

Is it just the left burner giving this issue?

Comment

• grantgallagher
                  grantgallagher commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Yes. Just the left most burner. The 2nd left (controlled by the same knob as the left most) lights fine

• DavidNorcross
                  DavidNorcross commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I had the same problem once and just ended up changing the ignitor batteries and it worked fine after that. I am sure you have probably already thought of that, but thought I would share. If it were me, I would call Blackstone.

Announcement

Collapse
              No announcement yet.
              Working...
              X
              false
              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
              false
              false
              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
              Yes
              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here