Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Using my Little Griddle for 1st Time

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Using my Little Griddle for 1st Time

Just got this Little Griddle and it fits my Weber Genesis Platinum perfectly. Some pics of using it for the first time. This puppy gets HOT!! Still finding its sweet spot, but really like it. Will come in very handy for our party next month and I'll be serving street tacos.
    Attached Files

Congrats!

Comment

Very cool! What brand is this? Where did you make your purchase?

Comment

• MBMorgan
        MBMorgan commented
        Editing a comment
        Looks like "Little Griddle": https://www.littlegriddle.com/

• Spinaker
        Spinaker commented
        Editing a comment
        Ah, I did not realize that was the actual name. Thanks for clearing that up! MBMorgan

• MBMorgan
        MBMorgan commented
        Editing a comment
        ... NP! (and it's google that deserves the thanks )

I also just got one and used it for the first time. Made some Cilantro-Lime Shrimp Tacos but since I dont have a photo, I guess it never happened. I think it is going to come in very handy.

Comment

When I told my wife about this she wasn't happy. Then I started telling here about making fried rice, smash burgers and yakisoba and she became happy.

HAPPY FATHERS DAY to me. Thank you for posting this.

Comment

• TripleB
          TripleB commented
          Editing a comment
          You can make fried rice on a griddle??? Yeah baby!! Got to try that.

• Bkhuna
          Bkhuna commented
          Editing a comment
          TripleB - the secret to making fried rice is heat and the ability to stir fry. I don't have a gas grill inside so I use a carbon steel wok on my Weber using pile a half a chimney of lump directly under the wok. It would be so much easier on a screaming griddle.

I had mine for 5 years and loved it before I upgraded to my Blackstone. Couple of things I leaned. Before you start it up place damp paper towels in the grease trap area. While cooking they will dry out and soak up your grease without making that spot screaming hot. Use the cleaning pad after every use with warm water and light oiling before storing. Your grill hot spots will translate to same areas on griddle. I would turn my hot spot to half for even heat or a sear side

Comment

• TripleB
          TripleB commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks for the tips. Appreciate it.

Macktechie - Thanks. Now I'm gonna need a IR thermometer.
        Last edited by Bkhuna; May 30, 2019, 01:20 AM.

Comment

Great. Can't beat a flat top!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here