Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any thoughts on the Sam's Club Griddle?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any thoughts on the Sam's Club Griddle?

I have never seen this in store, but happened across it on their website.

https://www.samsclub.com/sams/member...lp_product_1_6

Was just curious if anyone had one or had seen it in person. Looks nice and has good reviews. Biggest concern I think is in the questions several mention it doesn't have the same reinforcement that other griddles have. Not having seen it, I'm not sure if this is a big concern or not. I'm also curious what the warranty really is. It says
    Warranty

This product is covered by the Sam's Club Member Satisfaction Guarantee.

Looking that up they guarantee full money back, but I don't see any mention of time. If I'm not satisfied 20 years from now is it still okay? Anyone have experience with this?

I’m very skeptical of reviews. One can never be sure of the quality/experience of the reviewer.

at that price just go with the Blackstone. A tried and true product. I also don’t like the giant hole in the middle

does the flattop have a forward lean? What happens if the grease catcher gets full? Where does it leak?

I am also curious if anyone here has experience with it.

Comment

• texastweeter
      texastweeter commented
      Editing a comment
      I give this comment a 5 star review.

They have it assembled at our store, it feels ok. Wife was hurrying me so I didn't get an in depth look but I gave it a good shake and it feels like its price point which isn't a bad thing. I do wonder if the stability gets worse with a tank on it, since the display model is not fully loaded. HouseHomey I'm pretty sure it was level.

As for Sams returns, I've seen people replace things years out and other people unable to return a thing a few weeks later. I assume it's down to your local stores interpretation and your ability to vocalize your desired result.

Comment

As a new Blackstone owner and with all the folks on here that have and love theirs, I'd recommend one of those. Ace has them on sale right now. $80 more, but tried and true as The Pit can attest too. I believe it got a platinum award here as well.

Comment

I picked up the stainless Blackstone that Rod linked ^ and it’s awesome. $80 more (regular price on th SS is$400) for a stainless steel Blackstone...do it! Don’t mess around with unknown products...get the fried and true!

Comment

Doesn't look bad...but as others have said, go with the proven product.

I have a four-burner Blue Rhino Razor and I love it.
          It gets used quite a bit. And the shelves/hard cover are awesome.

I got that because for a while there the Blackstone grease management was terrible. (Wasn't the first word that came to mind, but wanted to keep this PG.)
          WAY too many mods & workarounds out there to make it suitable. (And I watched one dribble grease EVERYWHERE!)
          The NEW version seems to have fixed that issue.

Not real sure how much I like the disposable grease catch either... That could not only get expensive, but also prove problematic if it's not a "standard" size aluminum pan. Mine is fairly large and stoopid easy to clean...with no inserts.

So yeah, given the price point...I'd bite the bullet and head on over to another store.

Comment

• sos2979
            sos2979 commented
            Editing a comment
            I've seen the blue rhinos at Lowe's. They look pretty nice. Glad to hear someone actually has one and likes it.

Might wanna take a good look at th underneath of th griddle top...reinforcement is a good thing.

I have read several places that without it, tops have a propensity to become warped, over time.

Please note that I have no personal experience with this, but I would be kickin my dang self in my arse, year or three down th road, bout th $80 I saved when I bought it new...

Jus my ¢2, jus give it a really good once over, is all I'm sayin...

Comment

• surfdog
            surfdog commented
            Editing a comment
            Ah yes...the old false economy.
            I agree.
            Spend more, cry once.

• texastweeter
            texastweeter commented
            Editing a comment
            buy once cry once. Words to live by.

I was not going to get one right now. Especially since my store doesn't have one and no way I would order it without seeing it first. Was just hoping I could get some first hand impressions. I agree that the lack of support might be a problem. Several questions about that appear on the website and mention the possibility of warping. I guess I was more curious. What extra support do the blackstones have that these don't? Do they have metal cross bars welded underneath? I guess I haven't looked at any close enough to notice.

Comment

I know this is late, but hey I'm new . I bought the MemberMark griddle .... and returned it. My complaint was that the "front" 1/3 of the griddle didn't get hot enough....couldn't get that part to season. That was too much surface for me to give up - - cooked one meal on it and loading up assembled in the truck and took it back. Nice thing was no questions asked on the return, even without the box.

Bought a Blackstone 36" for the house and use a Camp Chef 2 burner in the camper.

Comment

• klflowers
              klflowers commented
              Editing a comment
              How do you like that camp chef? I am looking at getting a 3 burner for our camper.

• Chakara
              Chakara commented
              Editing a comment
              I LOVE the Camp Chef - I think it is higher quality than the Blackstone, and way more flexible. I have the 1 and 2 burner griddle for flexibility. Also have a grill box - but honestly have never used it.

I also take my Davy Crockett camping - so together it is a lot of gear. But worth it - we eat good when we camp

• klflowers
              klflowers commented
              Editing a comment
              Cool. We are looking at the big gas grill 3 burner stove. Camping World sells it with the grill box and the small one burner griddle. We have a Traeger Scout that we lug around, but I really want to trade it in on a Davy or a Grilla. My wife won't let me though.

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here