Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Teppanyaki Meets the Slow n Sear

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Teppanyaki Meets the Slow n Sear

What better way could there be to break in my new Blackstone 28 Except to bring Benihana's to my back yard.

I slow cooked the Rib Eye using the SnS and then blasted a sear on it with the griddle.

I even made Benihana style Mustard and Ginger dipping sauces.

It was a hit...Everyone left happy as a Shrimp...lol

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2829.jpg
Views:	206
Size:	264.7 KB
ID:	681379

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2794.jpeg
Views:	218
Size:	134.1 KB
ID:	681375Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2796.jpeg
Views:	207
Size:	135.2 KB
ID:	681374Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2803.jpeg
Views:	175
Size:	134.6 KB
ID:	681376Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2799.jpeg
Views:	206
Size:	119.9 KB
ID:	681377Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2805.jpg
Views:	204
Size:	224.5 KB
ID:	681378Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2830.jpeg
Views:	176
Size:	139.9 KB
ID:	681372Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2833.jpeg
Views:	258
Size:	102.0 KB
ID:	681373Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2839.jpeg
Views:	192
Size:	120.1 KB
ID:	681370Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2841.jpeg
Views:	217
Size:	79.0 KB
ID:	681369Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2834.jpeg
Views:	219
Size:	86.8 KB
ID:	681371

Absolutely amazing, I’d take that cook over Benihana’s any day. In fact you sir need to think about opening a Troyihana’s real soon 👍

Comment

Nice! THAT is how you do it!

Comment

That looks fantastic.

Comment

1) Great Cook!

2) Any links to any recipes? I have to try this.

3) To those with Grill Grates - any reason this wouldn't work if the vegetables were cut larger?

Comment

• Mr. Bones
            Mr. Bones commented
            Editing a comment
            It'll work. I also have some Weber ss grill baskets that work fine, on a regular ol grate..

• troymeister
            troymeister commented
            Editing a comment
            I basically Googled teppanyaki at home, Blackstone teppanyaki, Benihana copycat recipes. I watched a couple of Youtube videos, and came up with my own plan.

• Hugh
            Hugh commented
            Editing a comment
            Thankyou troymeister.

Nicely done....looks awesome!!!!!

Comment

Man, I'd be 90lbs over weight in stead of the 45 I am know if I had one of those.
            Nice set up.

Comment

• Mr. Bones
              Mr. Bones commented
              Editing a comment
              I hear ya there, Brother!
              I ain't prone to weight gain, but after alla that, most likely, I'd haveta covertly kinda reach down, an pop loose th top buttons on my bib overhauls!

A truly righteous griddle cook, my Beloved Cowboy Hat is tipped towards ya, Brother!

Them are some substantially large, whattaya callem, "Mice In Place???" containers, in pic#3, btw!

Food looks fantastic, an great pics, as well!
            Many Thanks, fer sharin!

I can tell, like many, that yer jus not gonna enjoy griddle cookin...

Comment

• Mr. Bones
              Mr. Bones commented
              Editing a comment
              Oh, an btw...
              Beni Who?????

• troymeister
              troymeister commented
              Editing a comment
              Mr. Bones Those were the bowls I had handy from the pantry....I wasn't going to dig around for the right size...lol. Sometimes you use what you gotta use...lol... Besides...It's not the size of the bowls that matter. It's how you use them...

• Mr. Bones
              Mr. Bones commented
              Editing a comment
              Lol troymeister all was meant as a compliment, assuredly, Brother ! +++
              Reckon I likely have as many stainless bowls, as I do CI pieces, mebbe 5-10 times as many as I have cookers!

Don't rightly reckon there is a 'right size', jus what works, an, like ya said, happens to be handy

Did you flip the shrimp tails into your chef hat? Or make the onion ring volcano!?!

Comment

• troymeister
              troymeister commented
              Editing a comment
              Theatrics were kept to a minimum as there was much wine drinking involved. We did try the onion volcano but it is not as easy as it looks on Youtube...lol

Only thing missing is that chef’s hat. Food looks top rate.

Comment

Great lookin' cook fer sure.

Comment

This is why I want a griddle. What a great looking cook!

Comment

• troymeister
                  troymeister commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I have to say...You get a lot of bang for the buck. I did breakfast this morning (sorry no pics) Whole wheat Pancakes, turkey sausage, eggbeaters. I can’t believe I didn’t get this tool years ago. It’s a real family pleaser.

Who doesn't love a little hibachi? Nice work man!

Comment

I've wanted a large griddle since the first time I went to Benihana ~20 years ago. Not until recently did I discover the Blackstone. Hoping to make my dream come true this week...Ace has the 36" stainless model on sale for $279!

Comment

• troymeister
                    troymeister commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I got the 28"...I'm very happy with it. I was going to get the 36 but I am not feeding that many people. It is a lot of fun to cook on.

Lookin' tasty!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                  No announcement yet.
                  Working...
                  X
                  false
                  ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                  false
                  false
                  {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                  Yes
                  ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                  /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here