Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Used $150 Camp Chef flat top grill with griddle top. Thoughts?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Used $150 Camp Chef flat top grill with griddle top. Thoughts?

I'd probably never use the grill part but very interested in the griddle. Been eyeing the Blackstone 36" yet found this on CL today. The griddle definitely needs to be cleaned and seasoned but I have no problem with that. It lists new for $350. I'm thinking of offering $125. What do you think?

I was just watching comparison videos between the CC and Blackstone today, because I've been checking CL for one too. After watching the comparison, I think I'm leaning towards the CC, but the ones i'm seeing used all have a griddle in similar shape and I'm not sure if it can be brought back to life or not. If you decide to get it, let us know how the griddle cleaning goes.

Comment

16 days on the market opens it wide for offers...……..might even try $100 in person, worst they can say is no.

There are a lot of people out there who are freaked out about rust on carbon steel so they eliminate themselves from competing. As you apparently are aware, not that hard to remove and re-season.

Comment

• Hulagn1971
        Hulagn1971 commented
        Editing a comment
        Exactly what I was thinking. Just a little surface rust, easy peasy to clean and season.

Go low and take it home a winner!

Comment

I said "I am interested. Looks like the griddle has some rust and might take some work to get rid of it and re-season. Wal-Mart currently has the Blackstone 36" with the new rear grease drainon sale for $247 with free shipping and warranty. Will you take $100 cash for yours?"
        Her reply: "No, sorry. It was $400 new and is 2 years old. I saw it at BJ's now for $300. So it is now 1/2 current price"

For less than $100 more I can get a new Blackstone, delivered. What are y'alls thoughts?

Comment

• Hulagn1971
          Hulagn1971 commented
          Editing a comment
          CaptainMike I was thinking the same as you. I can't help prices have come down in the last two years. The BS36 has higher BTU ratings per burner, 15,000 compared to 12,000 on the CF model. I may just wait since I have a 17" BS table top unit to get by with until the prices drop to $199. Thanks for the help in bringing me back to earth.

• Mr. Bones
          Mr. Bones commented
          Editing a comment
          Haveta agree with th Cap'n on this...
          She wants $49 less than a new 36" Blackstone, on sale, with a warranty.
          Let it ride, see what unfolds...

• ItsAllGoneToTheDogs
          ItsAllGoneToTheDogs commented
          Editing a comment
          She'll message you back in less than a week if no one else bites, it she does offer less than 100.

For what it’s worth... I cooked on Blackstones for 4 years. Recently sold and replaced them with the Camp Chef FTG900 6 burner. Personally, I’d go with the CS for several reasons:

1) More robust build
        2) Not affected by wind
        3) 2 lower shelves for more storage/rigidity
        4) Much more even heat front/back & side/side

Those would be my top 4 reasons for selecting CS over BS.

Comment

Originally posted by Hulagn1971 View Post
          I said "I am interested. Looks like the griddle has some rust and might take some work to get rid of it and re-season. Wal-Mart currently has the Blackstone 36" with the new rear grease drainon sale for $247 with free shipping and warranty. Will you take $100 cash for yours?"
          Her reply: "No, sorry. It was $400 new and is 2 years old. I saw it at BJ's now for $300. So it is now 1/2 current price"

For less than $100 more I can get a new Blackstone, delivered. What are y'alls thoughts?
          My thoughts? If you made that offer in person and she turned you down she's barking at the moon. Most people, when they see Mr. Franklin's face under their nose suddenly get real serious about selling. If you made your offer via email or phone then she probably ranks you with the others who have emailed her goofy statements of some sort that many sellers identify (many times correctly) as flakes. It's a human nature thing. My experience is you generally do better bargaining in person because the seller can more easily visualize the item leaving, and the bird in the hand thing...…...

Comment

I have both the camp chef and black stone 36. I like the camp chef better. Heat stays more constant on windy days, every burner can be lit instead of having to start on the left with the black stone. I also believe it is better built but portability is not as good as the blackstone. Both are great units but I thing the cc is better. My son in law is inheriting the blackstone

Comment

I bought that CC a few months ago after considering the BS 36. Like others have said, the CC tends to get the nod for better build quality. I'm very happy with mine & I use it just about every day. I can't say that I blame her for turning $100 down. Maybe offer $125 & hopefully everyone will be happy.

Comment

Dont own a Camp Chef and own a Blackstone. I have heard nothing but great things about the Camp Chef. I honestly do not see how you would go wrong with either. I cant imagine not having a flat top in my arsenal. Good luck!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                No announcement yet.
                Working...
                X
                false
                ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                false
                false
                {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                Yes
                ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here