Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pork Chops on Blackstone Griddle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pork Chops on Blackstone Griddle

Was cruising the meat coolers at the local grocery store, looking for something to cook over the past weekend. Came across a boneless half pork loin on sale. Problem solved.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3220.jpg
Views:	7563
Size:	103.6 KB
ID:	659151

When the time came, opened it up and sliced about half of it into chops that were about 1/2 inch thick.

These chops went into some milk, then into a dredge of flour, seasoned salt, and pepper. The recipe I was looking at called for cayenne pepper also but I got too busy taking pictures (to prove it happened) and forgot to add it in.

Name:	IMG_3221.jpg
Views:	7403
Size:	183.4 KB
ID:	659153

Took the pan full of sort-of-breaded chops outside, got the Blackstone hot and laid the chops on the griddle, each in a puddle of evoo to try to simulate the "pan-fried" thing.

Name:	IMG_3222.jpg
Views:	7508
Size:	118.4 KB
ID:	659149

Name:	IMG_3223.jpg
Views:	7604
Size:	129.5 KB
ID:	659152

Flipped them into fresh puddles of evoo after three minutes or so...

Name:	IMG_3224.jpg
Views:	7448
Size:	142.3 KB
ID:	659150

After another few minutes I checked the IT, and then into the house we went.

Name:	IMG_3226.jpg
Views:	7200
Size:	96.6 KB
ID:	659154

Wife and kids said they were very good. I liked them, but I wasn't satisfied with the breading. Next time I think I'll use egg instead of milk, and I'll also switch from a flour dredge to crushed saltine crackers. That should thicken the breading up nicely...that's also how Mom fixed them when we were kids. Amazing how we'll put so much effort into duplicating something now that we didn't know enough to appreciate then...

I was a little worried that the breading would make a mess on the griddle surface. It did, but it cleaned very easily. This was another meal that won't qualify as gourmet. It was quick (about 45 min from getting the half loin out of the fridge to sitting down for supper), simple, and very tasty.

Attached Files

Looks good. I almost always use Panko because I greatly prefer its texture over other bread crumbs.

Comment

• MBMorgan
      MBMorgan commented
      Editing a comment
      ... same here.

• Attjack
      Attjack commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks, gents.

• Brian_M
      Brian_M commented
      Editing a comment
      Never tried Panko before. Heck, never tried breading anything before this cook...I'll look for that on the next grocery trip. Thanks.

Great wholesome simple down home meal, courtesy of th Blackstone!
    Nicely done, Brother!
    Many thanks fer sharin!

tip: if yer diet allows it, use bacon grease, lard, or shortenin, next time, along with yer other adjustments... guarantee that'll make it taste more like Mama's

Comment

• Brian_M
      Brian_M commented
      Editing a comment
      Bacon grease, spooned out of a glass jar was what she used before the scientists started saying that laboratory-created stuff was more healthy. My diet would probably allow it for now, but my wife won't.

• Mr. Bones
      Mr. Bones commented
      Editing a comment
      Yup, figgered so, on th bacon grease...
      Understand on th Missus, as well...
      Brian_M

That's 'Merican fude rite there!

Comment

Technically those are loin chops, but hey we're amongst friends !! Look like they turned out good anyway, nice work !!!

Comment

Plain yogurt and Stouffer's stuffing crushed up small. That works for "oven fried" and is mighty tasty and tender. Should work on a flat top as well. Panko is also good for texture, we use it for chicken nuggets, over an egg wash and with some cayenne mixed in.

Comment

I’ve done this quite a few times on my Blackstone. I go with a flour dredge, then egg dip and then panko coat.

I also make garlic confit about every month and use the olive oil from that as my fat of choice when frying up chops on the griddle.

Comment

Looks good!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here