Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MCS satiated for now thanks to Walmart

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MCS satiated for now thanks to Walmart

Been kicking around getting one of the 22" Blackstones at Walmart. Went to Walmart and as I was walking through the Outdoor Section there was one with a clearance sticker for $82.69. I looked it over and then went to look at the display model inside and kept going back and forth to make sure it looked OK. The date on the clearance sticker was today so it couldn't have been out there very long...

It has some dings and the stand is warped slightly in one of the corners, but nothing too major...

For $82 I couldn't pass it up...I went in there figuring on spending the $174 that it was last time I looked, the current price was $147. So I got it for almost $100 what I was expecting to spend and $60 off the current price...

I will introduce it to its new friends on the deck tomorrow when I start the seasoning process. Now I have a use for the 20lb tank I bought right before my old gas grill died on me, which lead to my Weber Kettle purchase, which was the gateway drug...

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0704.JPG
Views:	180
Size:	105.3 KB
ID:	653896

Nice!

Comment

That's the kinda deal I hope to stumble upon as well. Congrats!

Comment

• clb239
        clb239 commented
        Editing a comment
        I rarely go through the outdoor section entrance but I did today and there it was. So I definitely stumbled upon it.

I might need to take a trip to Wal Mart.

Comment

you're going to love it. perfect size IMO.

Comment

Congrats on the deal and the new heat source.

Comment

Love a flat top. Congratulations.

Comment

Good find! Your gonna love it!

Comment

Sweet setup!

Comment

WallyWorld blue light special, ding ding ding !!!!

Comment

Dang CLB. That’s a great score. Once you get it seasoned up your gonna love it.
                    Congrats.

Comment

Hmm. What are ya season that thing with? Vodka and root beer? Nice find.

Comment

• clb239
                        clb239 commented
                        Editing a comment
                        The vodka is for seasoning the cook...

upon further review.....did you get the griddle, stand, and lid for that price?

Comment

• clb239
                        clb239 commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Yes, the stand, griddle, lid and bulk tank adapter. It is the 22" kit that walmart carries.

I think it had the sharp discount because of the minor damage to the stand, which does not affect the function of the stand or griddle.

• xaugievike
                        xaugievike commented
                        Editing a comment
                        yo....in that case you really scored. well done!

Nice! Walmart has had some real deals this spring in the outdoor cooking area. I'm telling myself not to go there and look to see if I can find your same deal.

Good thing I'm wrangling 7 pastramis today in the PBC and WSCGC. That'll keep me busy and the MCS monster at bay for a little while anyway.

Kathryn

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                      No announcement yet.
                      Working...
                      X
                      false
                      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                      false
                      false
                      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                      Yes
                      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here