Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Custom Griddle with Splash Guard

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Custom Griddle with Splash Guard

I've been thinking about a small griddle for the patio in order to sear sous vide stuff, cook fish, and other smoking greasy stuff outside. Tired of smoking up the house, stinking it up, and splattering grease everywhere. Was thinking Blackstone 17", but still worried about how to keep grease from splattering over the patio furniture I would set it up on.
    Remembered this small Coleman Fold N Go propane grill that has been stored in the garage several years without use. It gets real hot, so would work, but still had splatter problem.
    Problem solved. I put the grill inside of my copper fire bowl, put the accessory pot ring on it, and found the lid to my latest purchased 10" Lodge Camp Dutch Oven fit it perfectly. Once the fire bowl gets all greased up, I'll just start a fire in it and burn grease away.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	20190302_145158.jpg
Views:	116
Size:	257.4 KB
ID:	644574Click image for larger version

Name:	20190302_132959.jpg
Views:	123
Size:	242.0 KB
ID:	644575Click image for larger version

Name:	20190302_130750.jpg
Views:	124
Size:	253.7 KB
ID:	644576Click image for larger version

Name:	20190302_133342.jpg
Views:	136
Size:	244.0 KB
ID:	644577Click image for larger version

Name:	20190302_133553.jpg
Views:	139
Size:	251.5 KB
ID:	644578

Speaking of Griddles, my local wolly world has two Blackstone griddles, one for $497 with cover and cabinet, and one that is part griddle and part gas burner(s) for $297. Jerks!

Comment

• klflowers
      klflowers commented
      Editing a comment
      Stay outta that part of the store. Easier said than done tho

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here