Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

griddle grill combo ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

griddle grill combo ?

Hey pitmaster club, im thinking of buying a griddle and wondering if anyone has experience with the camp chef 600 flat top grill, I am drawn to the fact it has grill grates under the griddle... but then I thought , is there really any reason to cook on the grill grates over the griddle??? is it kind of gimmicky, I couldn't find any posts or videos online of people using the grill grates.
    So if the grates don't have much purpose I might go with the 3 burner model to save space and money.
    thanks for any input

My understanding is you can remove the griddle and use grates like a standard gas grill.

Theres a good write up in the reviews.

Sometimes you need a big surface area to cook a lot of food at once. Designed to feed a crowd fast and leave 'em smiling, the 600 is the most popular size in Camp Chef's Flat Top Grill line. Remove the griddle top and it becomes a 4-burner gas grill. Read our review to learn why Flat Tops earn our AmazingRibs.com Best Value Gold Medal.

Comment

I have a Blackstone with front grease trap and love it. I see no issues, however, they have since changed to rear grease trap and everyone indicates they are better. The key in my opinion to cooking on the griddle (any griddle) is to insure that it is level. With all of that said, I have never heard anything bad about the Camp Chef and they do have alot of accessories. I do not think you can go wrong.

Comment

I'm a Camp Chef fan boy. I have the Pro 90X 3 burner with the griddles that make it a 36" flat top and love it. Thinking about getting the grill box for it. Anything Camp Chef is money well spent imo.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
        Yes
        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here