Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Evo Professional flat top grill?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow! A $4500 cooker she has collecting dust in the barn and wants to give it away? So what does she cook on? For some reason I thought you had a Black Stone or some other flat top Attjack but yeah if somebody wanted to give me that I'd take it even if i had 3 other flat tops!!

Comment

Frozen Smoke So my sister lives on 85 Acres in Northern California that they bought a little over a year ago. Beautiful but dry.

Click image for larger version

Name:	sVuRiQ-eYKY4hivpl0CQX83zSziTCLnQiIkgwaNmtcI-qWNhpVJNTBFQTtRharLUR4FMwaZTgoVJO4xm9XEcs9zxDf9WbGhXWluWzDL2hw8N81HiXgtSKXs67eMmHdpmZgau5NMsdfEWkLBj4kBnvTSBwn4dtifNjVh6LxCdp_eFBgdLk3Dfdpg9GCB8_qKE110uLMfHH4zCu9CyjaQ5cI8vldhALydBnBINBRUIkbkNL9gnic9hauJqnW9Ch8Z
Views:	169
Size:	188.5 KB
ID:	633356

They built a barn and moved all their possessions into it including the EVO.

Name:	KcSOEOTujeLm19L8JK6Zl7gPVkhgkjF57HU_u8NmxnncTDed3sS_hPO-oYC53F28newHRapSJbpr9EhAOXp-sX6oxTMYdPgr1kXwVxxJaXlDrKP5HdLdmt5idn16r3NGyc4pKGFRcpg4RBdfKQ0z0HPaTSr1bCdOmGLRei76UibHXVTcQe7VWMJ8G6xJj1KE23pJBi4tqETsxFiVxN2fAWwtAxM7cCDvuLWY6l7EGYB5YcO30NyrB5sUkEhM7iH
Views:	158
Size:	175.9 KB
ID:	633361

Meanwhile, they lived in a trailer while they built this cabin.

Name:	0vC2MV4ByuV7R8DhYp5Wwk0WbYtgIpb9CN2Xf7kYTKlnL_bmYj9jTLAytwRtIzBtNso3-Fb9oEbUWw9Hh3Grwmhb9UUxzIwGldi4ZAEH2CXdA6E0dVr-WjuCeE63jDtEkGGilIPrE-uqyTSPpUpGAwXqDHRsV85FZ0Mfh3D0LEBwpezBK7ZZhao1LjfXsG8Hlt1RJNMF6_xzk5LzbsHVJUZVBLeRRbYfMCi8AobuBlmBf0KCSfCMUHxsKsJX-tr
Views:	192
Size:	142.1 KB
ID:	633357

And here's what they are cooking on now. They have all the bases covered.

Name:	trailercookers.jpg
Views:	190
Size:	146.8 KB
ID:	633358

I think they still plan to build a house but they have been fairly satisfied with the cabin. I figure one day indoor plumbing will be too hard to resist.

And since I'm posting pics here's the garden and some of the animals.

Name:	garden'.jpg
Views:	192
Size:	205.4 KB
ID:	633359

Name:	pigs.jpg
Views:	190
Size:	180.8 KB
ID:	633360

Comment

• klflowers
        klflowers commented
        Editing a comment
        Very nice place. The older I get, the more I need to be out in the country somewhere away from most people. Looks like they nailed that.

Ok that's my kind of living! I loved living in the motor home while we did our house remodel last summer. Looks like they have a beautiful spot there Attjack something anyone should be happy to have I admire them!

Comment

LOVE IT!!!! That’s a sweet cooker

Comment

Lucky

Comment

• Attjack
            Attjack commented
            Editing a comment
            Well, I don't have it yet. Consider me lucky when I have it and have found a spot for it. Sometimes I think I need to expand my outdoor kitchen!

• ColonialDawg
            ColonialDawg commented
            Editing a comment
            If you don’t find room for it, let me know.... ; )

• Attjack
            Attjack commented
            Editing a comment
            will do =)

I have cooked on one 4-5 times during a summer vacation. The one I used was built into a counter top in an outdoor kitchen. It gets hot!!! If I remember correctly it has two round burners, small one in the middle and larger one around the outer. Everything was pretty darn hot all the time, couldn’t pull the food to a cool area. Cleanup wasn’t easy either, It was easy to clean the top but the trough where the grease dripped into was kind of a pain to get into.
          As far as cooking goes, other than not having different cooking zones it heals very even heat everywhere.
          i liked it but not at the price point they were selling at.
          if this is free I would jump all over it!!!

Comment

• Attjack
            Attjack commented
            Editing a comment
            Glad to hear from someone with hands-on experience. Yeah, I heard it was hard to clean the drip tray. There is a removable grease trap but the circular trough that feeds it is an issue. Yes, there is are two burners, and from what I read that delivers 2 zones. A center zone and an outer zone capable of 2 temperatures. Sounds like you thought they bled together too much creating more of a single heat zone?

• Attjack
            Attjack commented
            Editing a comment
            The truth is if I get this and don't end up using it enough over time I will sell it. I've assumed I would eventually buy a 22" tabletop Blackston griddle. Now we'll have to see what happens.

• Dadof3Illinois
            Dadof3Illinois commented
            Editing a comment
            The one I used you could adjust the heat between the burners but eventually the top pretty much became the same temp. So I guess if your only cooking small amounts just using the inner burner would work best.
            It has a high quality build with top parts but it’s functionality is pretty lacking IMO especially for the list price. I would rather cook on a blackstone or camp chef!!

My brother's friend brought one of these to an annual camping trip to Detroit lake in Oregon. It was terrific for a crowd. They cooked for everybody on it. They did burgers and dogs. What I remember most is a whole bunch of large baked potatoes that came out perfect baked under that lid. We had the potatoes with chili and all of the fixings. Next morning was also memorable as they cooked leftover potatoes, bacon, veges, and eggs all like a giant scramble. I have a picture of that giant scramble somewhere, but couldn't find it. All I could find is these comic style pictures that I took with app "Paper Pictures"... it really is a terrific griddle - would be great for Mongolian BBQ type of cooking/stir frying...

Name:	PaperCamera2014-08-19-08-47-45.jpg
Views:	185
Size:	261.1 KB
ID:	634239Click image for larger version

Name:	PaperCamera2014-08-19-08-48-26.jpg
Views:	175
Size:	229.1 KB
ID:	634240

Comment

• Attjack
            Attjack commented
            Editing a comment
            That sounds a little more promising.

Sam The Cooking Guy rips one of these on his channel. Awesome grill, awesome channel. Sam kills in it the Youtube realm. One of my favorites. Check out this awesome Carne Asada Burrito.

Comment

• Attjack
            Attjack commented
            Editing a comment
            Nice. Now I get to see it in action. Thanks!

• Attjack
            Attjack commented
            Editing a comment
            Spinaker Been watching a bunch of his videos. Funny guy.

• Spinaker
            Spinaker commented
            Editing a comment
            Yeah, man, great content. The production is well done and he makes it fun. He's got some really nice equipment too. Which is fun to geek out about. Attjack

My sister is bringing the EVO to the cabin at the end of July. Then I'll bring it home. Now I have to figure out where it'll fit. It's pretty big!

Comment

• RonB
            RonB commented
            Editing a comment
            Congrats - lookin' forward to the photos of your first cook.

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
        Yes
        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here