Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

mCS - Griddle for gas grill

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

mCS - Griddle for gas grill

small "m" for - "modified Cooker Syndrome?"

The recent discovery of Meathead's "fry on the gas grill" strategy, and another minor epiphany has saved my trusty gas grill. I wont rehash the frying stuff from the weekend...but I will highlight my newly arrived griddle master insert.

The primary reason I was going to sell the ol' gasser is b/c I was gonna flip it into a 36" Blackstone. I've loved my 22" so much this summer at our camper that I wanted to bring the griddle cooking show home too, especially with winter looming. That brought me to griddle master. Now, I've known about griddle master for a while from a post a while back on this forum. my biggest hangup was the lack of a grease drain (if anyone at GM reads this...that "scoop it up" video y'all have isn't helping your cause). I guess it finally dawned on me that I'm not helpless. so the first thing I did when the GM arrived was cut a couple slits into the griddle to allow the grease to drain (hopefully) harmlessly between the burners and into the catch tray of the my Genesis.

I'm super impressed with the build quality of the GM. It's heavy. It arrived well packaged. the reinforcement added to the bottom is stout - I was impressed to see the added flat stock at the long edges. It's dead flat - I was worried the welding of the reinforces would maybe warp it...im happy to say it didnt. and the dimensions shipped are dead-on with what I measured/requested when ordering.

So - I've cleaned her up and am in the middle of the seasoning process. looking forward to future cooks!
    Attached Files

Sweeeeeeeeeeeet!!!

Comment

That looks very nice.

Comment

Wow, nice!

Comment

Oh snap. That’s freaking awesome.

Comment

Looks like a great piece of equipment. Lookin forward to how you do with it. 👍

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X
            false
            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
            false
            false
            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
            Yes
            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here