Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Natural gas Blackstone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Natural gas Blackstone

I contacted Blackstone back in June if they had a kit or natural gas option. I quickly got a response that said nope, sorry. I understand. However, I got a follow up email today with the following:

”We will be releasing our natural gas conversion kit in about 4 weeks on our website for $59.99. This conversion kit MUST be used to convert our griddles.”

Now it’s even harder to talk myself back from the cliff.....

Unlimited griddling

Comment

Ironically I was thinking of contacting them while doing a seasoning session on our new 36" griddle yesterday. What made me consider it was while doing the seasoning I noticed how close the natural gas outlet on the patio was to the griddle and thought now that would be much better. Thanks for the heads up. I'll wait until they come out with the kit before deciding.

Comment

• dahcopilot
        dahcopilot commented
        Editing a comment
        me too. boiled some lobsters last weekend, remembered what a pain propane tanks are

OK, I might be daff, but doesn't it come down to an orifice regulating pressure? If BS wasn't coming out with their own adaption, wouldn't any critter from a hardware store solve this?

Comment

• snowswamp
        snowswamp commented
        Editing a comment
        Good question. Yes, it might be all you need. I’ve modified or changed orifice ports on my equipment. This voids any and all warranties on the cooker though. Unless you’re sure it’s not going to go wrong or the warranty is expired, it’s not a bad idea to get the manufacture’s conversion kit.

• JGo37
        JGo37 commented
        Editing a comment
        I agree on doing what you can to not void a warranty. I've moved in and out of homes with natural gas or a propane tank - had to change the venturi nozzles on all my inside appliances back and forth. It came down to a nozzle diameter regulating supply pressure.

Announcement

Collapse
    No announcement yet.
    Working...
    X
    false
    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
    false
    false
    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
    Yes
    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here