Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Camp Chef Stove/Griddle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Camp Chef Stove/Griddle

I alluded to this earlier, but I recently got a new toy to play with. It is a Camp Chef Denali 3-burner stove. I picked it up on Craigslist for $125, a steal in my opinion, it was listed at $175, $300 new. It came with a griddle to cover one burner, and my beautiful wife got me a griddle to cover the other 2 for our anniversary last month, which just arrived yesterday so I haven't gotten to use it yet.

Each burner puts out 30,000 btu, which is super powerful - this thing roars at full blast. Having the removable griddles makes it real convenient for doing things like deep frying outside where it doesn't stink up the house, and very convenient for camping when you often have a pot of water on to boil. It is bigger than I expected, but my wife is all for it, so what more could I ask for?

Pics, cuz this happened
    First use, picked it up the night before going camping so broke it in with just a couple hot dogs.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20180725_180720.jpg
Views:	210
Size:	235.5 KB
ID:	559740
    Tried out smash burgers on it and Jucy Lucy (I like smash burgers better)

Name:	IMG_20180726_183038.jpg
Views:	175
Size:	104.0 KB
ID:	559741 No action shot, but I've made burritos a few times with leftover pulled pork

Name:	IMG_20180829_193717.jpg
Views:	185
Size:	156.6 KB
ID:	559742
    Grilled cheese made for a nice quick dinner the other day. I added a fried egg to each because why not.

Name:	IMG_20180830_192536.jpg
Views:	186
Size:	111.1 KB
ID:	559744

Just yesterday, I made breakfast (hash and eggs) while frying some shallots for future stir fry.

Name:	IMG_20180901_090635.jpg
Views:	161
Size:	200.9 KB
ID:	559743 Heres breakfast, turned out pretty good.

Name:	IMG_20180901_090646.jpg
Views:	190
Size:	112.7 KB
ID:	559745
    Shallots frying

Name:	IMG_20180901_090649.jpg
Views:	163
Size:	111.7 KB
ID:	559746
    Just a few more minutes I think...

Name:	IMG_20180901_092022.jpg
Views:	186
Size:	106.8 KB
ID:	559747

Like I said, those burners are powerful. I'll have to try the shallots again, but at least it looks like it only takes around 8 minutes to fry, not the 30 that Kenji says...

Looks great and versatile!

Comment

Very nice. I assume it folds up some?

Comment

• PBCDad
        PBCDad commented
        Editing a comment
        The legs come off and you can get a carry bag for it. I wouldn't say it is compact, but it is portable

• HawkerXP
        HawkerXP commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks.

I have one of those in my garage. Got it back when my son was a boy scout; we used it up at the Skymont boy scout camp one year. That was 13 or 14 years ago. Guess I need to haul it out, check the fittings, and get cooking on it.

Comment

• klflowers
        klflowers commented
        Editing a comment
        Different model, though.

• Fire Art
        Fire Art commented
        Editing a comment
        Same story dug mine out bought a 31 x14 flat. top for it use it to sear STEAKS cook breakfast and lite my charcoal

Awesome cook-! Enjoy the new toy!

Comment

Pretty awesome, 30k wow! Burger looked good. I think you shallots are done ✅

Comment

WOW!!!!
          That was jus a Great review/write up, with HD pics of some Fantastic Food! !!!!!
          Very Nicely Done!!!
          Many thanks fer takin th time, much appreciated, brother!

Did ya (I woulda) try some of yer shallots, fer taste? If they didn't taste 'burnt', I'd most likely air dry / dehydrate, or jus mince up fine, as is; use in some rubs, or in other dishes... with that level of carmelization, I'm bettin ya got some flavour, there!

Comment

• PBCDad
            PBCDad commented
            Editing a comment
            Thank you Mr. Bones it was your Blackstone post that got me to start talking to my wife about getting something like this.

I didn't try the shallots, they stunk pretty bad. It didn't cross my mind that there would be some flavor in there that would be useful. The smell being outside, my wife didn't mind the screw up. Inside, I would've been outlawed from cooking for a while...

• Mr. Bones
            Mr. Bones commented
            Editing a comment
            I am deeply honored that I was of some assistance in the procurement of yer Suh-Weet new toy, Brother!

Jus did first detailed macroscopic (Zoomed In) examination of yer food pics, an all I gots to say is DAYYYUMMMM!!!!!

Phenomenal Job, those could easily grace th cover of any food magazine, website, or menu...

Jus Sayin!!!!

P.S.: If they stank, I'da tossed em, too!

Congrats. That looks very versatile. and you put an idea in my head - a grilled bacon, egg, and cheese sammy.

Comment

Get the pizza oven. You won’t regret it. I want one!

Comment

Luv mine use it almost daily

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
              No announcement yet.
              Working...
              X
              false
              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
              false
              false
              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
              Yes
              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here