Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My new toy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My new toy

Click image for larger version  Name:	20180830_165025.jpg Views:	1 Size:	1.41 MB ID:	558155 So after eyeing the arteflame for quite sometime and realizing I wanted something more versatile than it or a Blackstone, but love using griddles. After watching countless you tube videos most needing a interpreter and my love of Mexican food I Click image for larger version  Name:	20180830_165046.jpg Views:	1 Size:	1.27 MB ID:	558156Click image for larger version  Name:	20180830_165052.jpg Views:	1 Size:	1.60 MB ID:	558157Click image for larger version  Name:	20180830_165118.jpg Views:	1 Size:	1.48 MB ID:	558158Click image for larger version  Name:	20180830_165122.jpg Views:	1 Size:	1.75 MB ID:	558159 decided to go with a Discada. This is the 22 inch model and is pictured sitting in my 26 inch kettle. As you can see in the shape it will be quite versatile from a griddle to deep frying or soup and chili. Time to get it seasoned up with lard and a weber chimney. Done had to use the vortex and a firebrick to keep it at a angle Click image for larger version

Name:	20180830_184917.jpg
Views:	197
Size:	156.9 KB
ID:	558213
    Last edited by customtrim; August 30, 2018, 05:01 PM.

Thats it! I am buying one! Is that exactly 22" across? I was looking at the 24" model for my WSCGC. Now I am wondering if I should just get the 22". It looks huge!

Comment

• customtrim
      customtrim commented
      Editing a comment
      22.375 lonnie mac

• lonnie mac
      lonnie mac commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you brother! That will fit nicely on my 24. Glad I didn't go bigger.

• Polarbear777
      Polarbear777 commented
      Editing a comment
      I have an 18” carbon wok I’ve never used. 24” would be monstrous.

Functional art, that thing is beautiful.

Comment

• customtrim
      customtrim commented
      Editing a comment
      I like your new toys better

Wow...I want one too !!! Thanks for the post. Do they make a wok?

Comment

Very Very Cool, Brother!!!!

Comment

• customtrim
      customtrim commented
      Editing a comment
      Mr. Bones most seem to use them on a propane style camp stove,will be here tomorrow. I may try putting a couple of fire bricks around it for now to see how it works out. Planning on doing breakfast on it tomorrow

• Mr. Bones
      Mr. Bones commented
      Editing a comment
      customtrim , Cool Beans!
      I seen their burners on th website, also familiar with Camp Chef, etc...
      Jus wonderin out loud if anybody here had run one on a kettle...???
      Were I to purchase one, that would be my initial intent.
      If that didn't work out so well, reckon I'd jus buy me a burner stove stand kinda thing...

• customtrim
      customtrim commented
      Editing a comment
      I posted a link up a couple of threads same price as Amazon Mr. Bones and southwest disk is owned and operated by vets
      Last edited by customtrim; August 30, 2018, 05:43 PM.

Sweet! I've got a few old rusty discs from a big tilling tractor machine in the backyard I've been thinking of turning into one!

Comment

• Ahumadora
      Ahumadora commented
      Editing a comment
      Yep that's where they come from. Very common down here.

• JakeT
      JakeT commented
      Editing a comment
      Ahumadora that's awesome! I had no idea that's actually what they originate from.

This looks awesome!!

Comment

My buddy's in-laws are from NM and they all have some version of these. Breakfast seems to be the most popular cook they do, but I think wokking Asian or sizzling fajitas would be way fun with this!

Comment

That is cool! I'm not a fan of getting a griddle, not my style, but this gorgeous disk may just sway me in the right direction. I love that you place it directly on the grill (i.e. no electricity required).

Comment

I like it! Congrats!

Comment

Mr. Bones it is wobbly if you just set it on the grate. My solution is 4 split fire bricks spaced on the outside of the vortex on top of the grate, then set the discada on top of the brick. The brick runs me about 1.50 each I think and this gives you the clearance for proper air flow to the vortex and allows the sides to get warm. Much cheaper than a camp stove Click image for larger version

Name:	20180831_083904.jpg
Views:	172
Size:	159.8 KB
ID:	558373Click image for larger version

Name:	20180831_084000.jpg
Views:	210
Size:	114.5 KB
ID:	558374

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X
            false
            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
            false
            false
            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
            Yes
            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here