Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Amazon Prime Day Loot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Amazon Prime Day Loot

im back from a vacation on lovely scenic Sanibel Island FL. And awaiting me when I got home was.....the rest of my prime day loot! The Blackstone arrived when I was out of town, everything else arrived by Friday before I bailed. Click image for larger version

Name:	4BB19E10-7B19-4939-BB6E-B43EAB6D1A5E.jpeg
Views:	202
Size:	177.6 KB
ID:	538975

Rakin in th Goodies, there!
    Lookin/Cookin Good, in yer Neighbourhood!

Got th V2 Blackstone 36" (rear grease drain, improved shelf), an a size bigger IP than what I sprung fer!

I'd say yer in fer some Big Fun, better go git several rolls of digital film!

Happy cookin, brother! Enjoy!

Comment

• SmokeyGator
      SmokeyGator commented
      Editing a comment
      I almost got the 8 in 1 six quart.....but resisted. I wasn’t sure if the 6 quart was large enough. But then the ultimate went on sale.

• Mr. Bones
      Mr. Bones commented
      Editing a comment
      Sweet score, amigo!
      Way to snag some goodies, on Prime Day!
      I got th Duo Plus 60, 9-in-1.
      Already used my Blackstone some, as ya likely seen, previous! Lovin It!!

Root Root on the Loot Loot!!

Comment

Keep us posted on that how that Blackstone works our for ya! I’m thinking of replacing my Genesis with one at some point (son is taking it with him when he moves out).

Comment

• SmokeyGator
        SmokeyGator commented
        Editing a comment
        I think it’s going to work out fantastically.

I got the BS 36" new style as well. I note you have the paper towel holder installed. The directions suggested that both the holes in the towel arm and in the side piece would be threaded.... the holes in the side for mine were a touch larger and I will need to scrounge a few bolts to hold it on. But I seasoned it up and we are having a big breakfast taco day (scrambled eggs, bacon, sausage, tortillas, etc) Sunday AM to break it in.... have already cooked up some small bits but just to try.

Comment

• SmokeyGator
        SmokeyGator commented
        Editing a comment
        On mine the arm isn’t threaded but the holes on the side table are. Bolts went right in without issue. Assembly was easy, but I think that to make it "portable" the cook top should be aluminum. Or at least not 50+ pounds.

Great scores!

Comment

Oh, yer damn right!

Comment

All I scored was a new WiFi setup so my WiFi thermometers will connect on the deck and my Sous Vide will connect more consistently.

Comment

Nice goodies, SmokeyGator . Have fun with them!

I bought another Joule, this one to give to my daughter. That was a Prime as I got. I bought it directly from the Chef Steps site, though (same sale price), since I don't like the way Amazon treats its small business owners.

Kathryn

Comment

• SmokeyGator
              SmokeyGator commented
              Editing a comment
              I went with the anova. 900 Watts vs 1100 watts, but I really didn’t want a thing that requires use of a phone or tablet. The anova is stand-alone or can be app controlled.

Good haul

What are those domed lids?

Comment

• gcdmd
              gcdmd commented
              Editing a comment
              Thank you, SmokeyGator . I looked them up on Amazon and found several brands. I can't tell from your photo which they are. Do you have a favorite? TIA.

• SmokeyGator
              SmokeyGator commented
              Editing a comment
              Not really. I was going by price. These were around $11 and are fairly heavy stainless steel. 9 inch diameter, the Blackstone branded ones are 12 inch. Not sure what (if any) difference that makes.

• SmokeyGator
              SmokeyGator commented
              Editing a comment
              Looked em up. Chef-master domes. But they are $18 now. Guess prime days paid off there too.

Originally posted by fracmeister View Post
            I got the BS 36" new style as well. I note you have the paper towel holder installed. The directions suggested that both the holes in the towel arm and in the side piece would be threaded.... the holes in the side for mine were a touch larger and I will need to scrounge a few bolts to hold it on. But I seasoned it up and we are having a big breakfast taco day (scrambled eggs, bacon, sausage, tortillas, etc) Sunday AM to break it in.... have already cooked up some small bits but just to try.
            If the holes on the table were threaded that would have been fine! Looks like they tapped the wrong place on mine.

Planning on crab cakes shortly. Anyone tried searing a steak?

Comment

• smokenoob
              smokenoob commented
              Editing a comment
              fracmeister I seared a steak on the Blackstone once when the Naploeon ran out of propane, it was awesome

Load that baby up SmokeyGator !

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X
            false
            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
            false
            false
            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
            Yes
            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here