Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Griddle time ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Griddle time ...

So the new Baking Steel griddle arrived late Friday. I'll be posting more pics over the next few days but here's the final result of Saturday's griddle experiment #1 ... smash burgers on the griddle on the gasser:

Click image for larger version

Name:	SmashBurgers_20180714-1.JPG
Views:	151
Size:	116.8 KB
ID:	532877
    Came out awesome! Home-made buns, home-ground chuck-eye steak in 4 oz patties, topped with Jarlsburg cheese. Will try again tomorrow with some seasoning tweaks (and more pics, of course).

Looks great

Comment

Looks awesome! Once I got my flat top and had burgers on it I realized it's going to be a long time before I just grill burgers on a grill again! Same with hot dogs.

Comment

Great lookin' burgers.

Comment

I don't know if you have the Food Lab, by Kenji, but he has a wonderful recipe for smash burgers. He also goes into the science of how and why to make them. Pretty interesting and tasty.

Great looking burgers. I look forward to seeing some more experiments.

Comment

• Spinaker
            Spinaker commented
            Editing a comment
            Hahahaha, that is awesome! You and me both. allsid

• MBMorgan
            MBMorgan commented
            Editing a comment
            Nothin’ but barbless hooks in my fly collection. In Alaska (Montana, too), I’d catch and release trout all day ... then stop by the grocery store for some nice salmon fillets on the way home.

• Spinaker
            Spinaker commented
            Editing a comment
            That is what we did when I was in Livingston. That or Tri-Tip! MBMorgan

Here's the setup ... it's looking like I might just have a permanent Weber EP-330 Grilliddle with 3 grill burners on the left (including the sear burner) and 2 on the right under the griddle (middle burner is shared between the grill and griddle). Griddle experiment #2 to commence shortly ...

Click image for larger version

Name:	Grilliddle-1.JPG
Views:	125
Size:	165.4 KB
ID:	533423

Comment

• Spinaker
            Spinaker commented
            Editing a comment
            Looking Good!!!!!

Everything is mighty clean there MB. Ya need to mess things up a bit.

Comment

• MBMorgan
            MBMorgan commented
            Editing a comment
            Oh, it gets messy ... then it gets cleaned. I just post pics of the clean moments so others will be fooled into believing what a neatnick I am ...

This is lookin like a fun ride, brother!

Comment

• MBMorgan
            MBMorgan commented
            Editing a comment
            Having a blast with it so far. Did a second batch of smash burgers tonight. Temp rock solid at 350. Heavier seasoning. Turned out great. No new pics ‘cause they look just the same.

Most excellent setup (doing close to the same) for burger heaven !!!

Comment

Question, how is this different from turning GrillGrates upside down? Because I don’t want to buy ANOTHER thing.

Comment

• MBMorgan
              MBMorgan commented
              Editing a comment
              No holes. Butter and oil won’t drip into the flames below. That said, I can’t say a steel griddle is actually BETTER than inverted grill grates ... but for my purposes it seems a better fit.

Oh, and there’s pancakes & eggs.
              Last edited by MBMorgan; July 16, 2018, 10:28 PM.

• Spinaker
              Spinaker commented
              Editing a comment
              .....And you can do smashers on a smooth griddle surface. However, Grill grates are awesome for searing steaks and chops.

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here