Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Camp Chef Cast Iron Griddle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bten
    replied
    My Delta Heat grill is 32 x 17.5 " I bet this griddle would fit nicely!

Leave a comment:

• Fire Art
    replied
    I bought camp cheft griddle I have cook on it for over a month I have not had any stick to it I would not sand it Down it’s perfect cook over easy eggs on it all the time

Leave a comment:

• Frozen Smoke
    replied
    Nice write up and good looking breakfast! I was going to suggest you buy the Camp Chef Pro 90X 3 burner camp stove with the optional griddles. I absolutely love mine. It can be a stove a griddle or both! And completely portable. You could sell your wife on the portability if you are into camping or tailgating but it looks like you did fine.

I wouldn't worry too much about the rough surface. My griddles were not smooth and had a little sticking issue at first but now that I've cooked a number of meals nothing sticks and it seems it's getting smoother as it gets more seasoned.

Camp Chef is good stuff and I don't hesitate to buy anything from them. Their customer service is top notch as well.

Leave a comment:

• snowswamp
    commented on 's reply
    Agreed. I was watching the level and had a paper towel and tongs in hand.
    Last edited by snowswamp; July 16, 2018, 06:32 AM.

• Mr. Bones
    replied
    Looks like a very nice setup ya got there, brother! jus watch them grease levels!!!!!

Food looks GREAT, way to go!!!

Hint: If needed, carefully blot up excess grease/etc. with a multi-folded paper towel, discard, repeat as needed.
    I've seen me do it.
    Don't allow to run over, or splash, when wipin! Don't be this guy:

Click image for larger version  Name:	rammstein-till-lindemann-feuer.jpg Views:	1 Size:	139.7 KB ID:	532224

Or, this one, best case scenario:

Click image for larger version  Name:	4th Degree Burn.jpg Views:	1 Size:	45.7 KB ID:	532225

Yall be SAFE, out there, ya hear????

Leave a comment:

• snowswamp
    started a topic Camp Chef Cast Iron Griddle

Camp Chef Cast Iron Griddle

I’ve been seeing some great things being made on Blackstone and Camp Chef griddles lately. So much so, I’ve been looking to get one and thinking about how to justify it to my spouse. Problem is, I have a natural gas line to my BBQ area. My Weber and Smoke Vault are both piped into the NG. I don’t want to mess with propane too and the stand alone griddles are not NG compatible unless you want to drop some serious cash. If you know of some for under $500, let me know. Craig’s List in my area was a bust.

I looked at at a custom griddle for my Weber grill made from rolled steel. These were awesome, but almost as much as the propane ones on sale. I contacted Weber and their cast iron skillet inserts don’t fit my old Weber Genesis Silver. I went to the internet and searched. My Weber is 24” x 17 5/8”. I landed on the Camp Chef CGG24B Cast Iron Griddle on Amazon at 24” x 16”. It would really maximize my cooking area compared to my much smaller Lodge griddle. The Camp Chef got good reviews and searching The Pit forums a few members gave it the thumbs up.

I was a little disappointed that the flattop side wasn’t very smooth; nothing like the old cast iron pieces I have. It wasn’t surprised though considering the cost. I’m thinking of grinding it down to a polished surface. The griddle came pre-seasoned and fit my Weber nice and snug. There was a little room in the back/front to allow air to flow. I cooked breakfast this morning and it worked great. The rough surface gave me a little trouble with sticking; nothing major though. I need to figure out the temp since the burners run the length of the grill. There is no option for keeping a side of the griddle cooler. The cast iron did heat evenly considering the grills hot spots. The IR thermometer from Thermoworks is a must for griddles and I’m glad I had grabbed one on sale (again, thanks to The Pit). Another down side is the drip trough just collects. There is no run off so make sure you move the griddle so the trough is down slope and hope it doesn’t overflow. This in very minor since it’s an add on. Overall it’s just what I needed. The issues are minor and with a little work will no longer be an issue.

Pros:
    Resonable cost for what you get
    Even heat
    Fills my old grill
    Large cooking area

Cons:
    Rough surface; likely sand, polish, and reseason
    Grease trough only collects.

Click image for larger version  Name:	44AC60A6-BE10-4355-AEA2-98C255FA9866.jpeg Views:	1 Size:	2.74 MB ID:	532201
    Click image for larger version  Name:	D903C25E-6E78-40AD-BBF4-B820767B26E2.jpeg Views:	1 Size:	3.61 MB ID:	532202
    Click image for larger version  Name:	8B54CDDA-5030-4CB0-8F24-F3A33A67C002.jpeg Views:	1 Size:	5.27 MB ID:	532204
    Click image for larger version  Name:	717BA795-620D-4666-9E9E-E6CC9797EF28.jpeg Views:	1 Size:	3.34 MB ID:	532203
    Last edited by snowswamp; July 15, 2018, 10:35 AM.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here