Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I was afraid it was too good to be true... Blackstone 36" for $99

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was afraid it was too good to be true... Blackstone 36" for $99

Found it on Ebay last night, $99 for a STAINLESS Blackstone 36". I had my suspicions, but I thought, "What the hell, right?" Between Ebay protection and PayPal, I figured if it was a hacked account and fraudulent auction I should be covered. 10 available, new in box, supposedly. And at $99 each? Yeah, right... 4 of the 10 available were sold this morning, now that auction is sold out. Not much feedback on the seller, but not anything suspicious, either.

So it's been all night and half the day, I sent a message this morning through Ebay asking about the auction, then another through Hotmail to the seller's PayPal address. No answers yet.

I didn't get my hopes up TOO high, but it woulda been nice, right? Oh well... I guess we'll see, but it's looking less and less likely.

So, if anyone sees them for $200 again, let me know. lol

BJ's may still have them for 200 with a cover and tools. You can sign up for a 90 day trial for free order it online and deliver to your house I think

Comment

So, are you saying you paid the $99 and are expecting to receive one? I started using eBay in the early 2000's as a way to feed my golf-related GAS. Back when it was more of a way for individuals to buy and sell stuff second hand. But it was long ago taken over by the Chinese counterfeiters.

Comment

• DogFaced PonySoldier
        DogFaced PonySoldier commented
        Editing a comment
        I did pay $99... payment through PayPal still says "pending". Will it go through? I doubt it... but... if it does, and I get my griddle, I'll be happy as a clam! If not, then I'll file a claim with PayPal or Ebay and likely get refunded. I figured it was worth what I took to be a minimal risk...

• Steve R.
        Steve R. commented
        Editing a comment
        Paypal doesn't pay the seller until you receive the item, or like 30 days, so that may be it. Just don't believe any excuses that will take a few weeks to ship and then you lose your eBay money back guarantee because you waited too long to file the claim. Don't ask me how I know this.

That does seem to good to be true, esp for the stainless one. I'd buy 5 or 10 and re-sell them at $200.

Comment

That is something to pass up.

Comment

hope ya get it!!!!!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here