Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Griddle for my Weber Spirit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Griddle for my Weber Spirit

Morning Crew! Looking for guidance on the best option for a griddle of some sort to sit on top of my gasser. Any that are best and/or avoidvat all costs?

My recommendation would be the Baking Steel Griddle:

Are you looking for a steel griddle that can be used on gas, induction, or electric stovetops? Visit Baking Steel online to order yours today.

It is a bit pricey though. So, in general, you want a thick piece of steel for heat retention and a groove to catch grease.

Comment

• Polarbear777
      Polarbear777 commented
      Editing a comment
      They have a few sizes including a circular one. Pick the one that fits and handles what you want to cook. I find myself using the small square one mostly because for smashburgers dropping more than 2 at a time you can’t keep up effectively.

Might depend on what you want the griddle for. A lodge cast iron is a pretty inexpensive option and holds in some great. The aluminum one by grill grates is kind of neat, but has no edges for great. The steel one recommended above is great if you want to spend that much.

Comment

• EdF
      EdF commented
      Editing a comment
      I've got two Lodges : a rectangular one that fits my small (~2 element) gasser, and a 14" round one that fits the large BGE nicely. They're awesome.

• theroc
      theroc commented
      Editing a comment
      I second this. I'm very happy with my rectangular lodge griddle that I use on my Weber gasser.

I use a cast iron griddle on my Weber gasser. Look on Amazon, most any griddle should work if sized correctly.

Comment

http://griddlemaster.com/ is your best option. Otherwise as others have said you can buy a griddle off Amazon and throw it on top of your gasser and make it work.

Comment

• SMOG MAN
        SMOG MAN commented
        Editing a comment
        If you are wanting something as large as possible for the grill and/or will be using it more than occasionally I have one Griddlemaster made for a Blaze 4 burner grill and love it.

• Spinaker
        Spinaker commented
        Editing a comment
        This is a great option.

Get a GrillGrates & flip it upside down. Then you got TWO tools for the price of one.

Comment

• jfmorris
        jfmorris commented
        Editing a comment
        That’s what I’m doing lately.

I use a lodge griddle on my Spirit.

Click image for larger version

Name:	eoFZXIs.jpg
Views:	149
Size:	99.3 KB
ID:	528469

Comment

I picked up this Webber for $50 and it came with that little griddle. It was handy last night when I made bison taco salad.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Oh2j4D8h.jpg Views:	1 Size:	90.1 KB ID:	528492
        Last edited by Attjack; July 7, 2018, 02:54 PM. Reason: Bison not buffalo

Comment

Weber has cast iron griddles you can purchase for some grills that slide in as a replacement for the grates.
          Last edited by snowswamp; July 7, 2018, 01:47 PM.

Comment

I have the full size Little Griddle. It fits on my gasser and works quite well.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X
            false
            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
            false
            false
            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
            Yes
            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here