Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Seasoning the Blackstone 36

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Seasoning the Blackstone 36

Got my Blackstone griddle today. Seasoned it with four coats of canola oil burned into the surface. Followed that with a package of thick cut bacon and spread the bacon grease around well. Finally took some of bacon along with the kernels from four fresh ears of corn and made fried bacon and corn. Tomorrow for the 4th, will be making smashburgers and fried pineapple. My grandsons can't wait so they can use it to make breakfast.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Bacon and Corn.jpg
Views:	154
Size:	278.3 KB
ID:	526348

Beautiful Job, looks like yer ready to open yer (out of) doors fer bizness!

Comment

That surface looks amazing. Great job and looking forward to seeing pics of your next cooks.

Comment

• jlazar
        jlazar commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks

So tempted to pull the trigger myself... Congrats!

Comment

• jlazar
        jlazar commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks. This is replacing my gasser. Only used it once in the past year.

• Steve B
        Steve B commented
        Editing a comment
        Huskee Just pull the trigger.
        You won’t regret it. These puppies are so fun to cook on.
        It’s like being a short order cook. For your own family.
        I love it.

Looks good! I was sorely tempted by a pile of Blackstone 36 griddles sitting in the middle of the aisle at Home Depot the other day. If I had not had 3 or 4 major repair expenses the past week totaling $1000 of unexpected stuff, I might have slipped one into my cart... I am practically griddling anyway using grillgrates on my antique Genesis.

Comment

How do you protect these flattops from the elements? Just put a regular old vinyl cover on it, and hope it doesn't rust, or do you move it inside for storage? Just wondering since you said you are replacing your gas grill with it...

Comment

• jfmorris
          jfmorris commented
          Editing a comment
          Spinaker I've promised my old Genesis 2 burner to my son when he moves out and has a spot for it next year, and will be replacing it with something - this might be the thing that takes the spot next to the Performer.

• Spinaker
          Spinaker commented
          Editing a comment
          You won't regret it, my friend. They are a ton of fun. And you can cook any meal on them. The flavor is different, but you can do so much more. Really a blast to own, my friend. I hope you have a great Fourth!! jfmorris

• jlazar
          jlazar commented
          Editing a comment
          I am getting the Blackstone grill cover. Mainly to keep the surfaces free of dust. Rust is not a big issue in San Antonio as long as you keep things out of the rain. Most items are used year round. Snows about 1 inch every 15 years.

For those of you with Blackstones. What temp settings do you use for various foods:

Eggs?
        Pancakes?
        Hash Browns?
        Burgers?
        Shrimp/Fish?
        Fajita meat?
        Fried Rice?
        Other?

Do any of you have a special recipe you want to share? Thanks.

Comment

Nice job on the seasoning and good call on the corn and bacon mix I'm going to have to give that a try. I'm very pleased with my Camp Chef griddle set up. I'm using it more and more. Yesterday I made breakfast on it and then burgers later. Getting a real nice seasoning on it now from using it. I love the flexibility of the camp stove/griddle set up.

I looked very hard at the Black Stone and Camp Chef dedicated flatop's but the flexibility and portability of the Camp Chef 3 burner camp stove with the griddles sold me. Here it is all packed up to put in the motor home to go camping.
          Click image for larger version

Name:	camp chef breakdown.jpg
Views:	158
Size:	65.9 KB
ID:	527536

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here