Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New griddle for Father's Day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New griddle for Father's Day

Showed the wife tabletop griddles at the local big box store months ago. She listened and remembered (she does both things a lot better than I do...) and in the days leading up to Father's Day we talked about it again She told me the tabletop model wouldn't be big enough, and sent me back to the store for the bigger one.

I came home with the 36" Blackstone griddle. It is the older design, and was on sale (not a big sale, but still a sale).

We love it.

First cook was breakfast for supper. Eggs, bacon, hash browns. Wonderful.

Second cook was diner burgers with bacon and sauteed onion. Very very good, especially for the first attempt.

Last night was chicken fajitas for the third cook. The chicken was a mix of leftover smoked chicken breasts from the PBC and frozen store-bought stuff. This went well with sauteed onions and peppers.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2900.jpg
Views:	172
Size:	177.6 KB
ID:	519893

These turned out well also. Kid approved, wife approved, even mother-in-law approved.

I can see why people really enjoy these. So many possibilities. allsid 's book on griddle cooking has a lot of good ideas that I'm eager to try. This is quickly moving up the list of my favorite cooking tools.

Congrats. We used our blackstone several times over the Father’s day weekend and it produced great meals with easy cleanup. My wife now wants all pancakes we serve to be cooked on it, they were so good. Also used it to cook Wagyu for one meal and it did a fantastic job searing them.

Wish you many more great cooks on yours.

Comment

Dude, you got a Blackstone! Good goin’!

Comment

Awesome brother. I think everyone who has taken the plunge into the BlackStone world has found a piece of heaven.

Wait a minute. Is allsid ‘s griddle cookbook out?

Comment

• allsid
          allsid commented
          Editing a comment
          Thank you Brian_M for sharing! I edited the link too-

• Brian_M
          Brian_M commented
          Editing a comment
          No worries...just so long as it works.

Good info in the book. Just what I needed when trying to decide whether to get into griddle cooking. Thanks.

• Spinaker
          Spinaker commented
          Editing a comment
          Moon Landing.......

Thank you for the shouts out Brian_M and Steve B !

The landing page for the book currently says ships in 1-3 months but Amazon has inventory and typical order to front door time has been about 5 business days. The publisher says it's something Amazon has about under promise and over deliver but I have been getting peppered with questions. Griddle on!!

Comment

• Steve B
          Steve B commented
          Editing a comment
          Awesome allsid I will be placing my order tonight. Of course I have to remember. 😖
          If not than tomorrow.

• allsid
          allsid commented
          Editing a comment
          Steve B Thank you sir!

• Mr. Bones
          Mr. Bones commented
          Editing a comment
          Got mine ordered, an th Kindle version to tide me over, til th hardcopy gits here!

I had a camp chef from my camping day and I bought 32” x 14” gridle two weeks a go, I also luv it

Comment

Nice! You're really giving that flat top a work out!

Comment

I really want one of those.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X
            false
            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
            false
            false
            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
            Yes
            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here