Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Blackstone Griddle cover

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Blackstone Griddle cover

For those that have a Blackstone 36" griddle, do any of you have a recommendation for a good waterproof cover? I've been looking online and it seems a lot of the covers available are NOT waterproof, including the Blackstone cover. I don't know if this is true or just bad reviews. Thanks for the help!

I went aftermarket hardcover for both my 36" and my 22". Totally worth the money.

I believe Blackstone is selling hardcovers and if they are not immediately available, they will be.

You can use coupon code amazingribs on the Blackstone website for 10% off anytime.

Another solution is a simple piece of plywood cut to fit over the top with a slight shim on one end to allow water to run off. Not the prettiest solution, but it works.

Personally- I have found supple covers to not only be a PITA, they are not really effective for keeping moisture out.

Comment

• dshaffes
      dshaffes commented
      Editing a comment
      Where did you get the cover for the 22"? I need one and can't find one.

• allsid
      allsid commented
      Editing a comment
      Someone in a Facebook group. If you are interested, I can do a paypal search but he is a shady tree fabricator (which I love). If you want I can share a pic-

• dshaffes
      dshaffes commented
      Editing a comment
      I'd love to see a pic and get the contact.

The Blackstone cover that I have is waterproof. It hasn’t leak so far.Click image for larger version

Name:	1EAEEE18-B8F3-4FB1-83E2-24B74D7CC80E.png
Views:	443
Size:	150.9 KB
ID:	509191

Comment

• allsid
      allsid commented
      Editing a comment
      however- perhaps I stand corrected

I use the Blackstone cover mentioned above. I have not had any issues with it.

I throw a wooden dowel in the middle when I put the cover on, to keep it from sagging onto the cook top.

Comment

• SMOG MAN
      SMOG MAN commented
      Editing a comment
      That's my method also using a rounded corner block of wood, works well for me.

• Spinaker
      Spinaker commented
      Editing a comment
      Yep, it is important to have that rounded edge so it wont go through the cover over time. SMOG MAN

I have the BlackStone hard and soft covers and use them both.
    If I know it’s not gonna rain for a few days, really hasn’t happened this year so far, I leave the soft cover off.
    I too have had no problems.

Comment

Thanks for the reply's. From what I've read, the seam down the middle of the blackstone cover leaks some. People have said trying a disposable aluminum pan turned upside down to allow a little more run-off. I might go with that.

Comment

Originally posted by Jetski View Post
        From what I've read, the seam down the middle of the blackstone cover leaks some.
        You might also try using a seam sealer made for tents (or fabrics in general). Just search for "seam sealer fabric" on amazon.com and you'll see a whole bunch to choose from.

Comment

• Jetski
          Jetski commented
          Editing a comment
          I saw that suggestion somewhere. I'll probably try that as well. Thank you!

I ended up getting the Blackstone cover. I have some large foil pans turned upside down on the griddle underneath the cover. It got rained on last night so when I take the cover off today we will see how it did.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
        Yes
        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here