Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New design for the Blackstone Griddle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New design for the Blackstone Griddle

Was checking out the official Blackstone Griddle website and it looks like they have redesigned their cook surfaces. There is now a rear grease management system on their griddles. Doesn't say too much about it but there are pictures.

Only down side I see about that is the surround table they offer isn’t compatible.

Comment

• Nate
      Nate commented
      Editing a comment
      YET!!!! surely they will make one that is compatible... at least I would hope...

Is that why there's was a big sale on their stuff recently? Clearing out the old.

Comment

Their grease management system or lack of one was a big complaint against their product and drove a lot of people who researched enough to the Camp Chef flat top. There is a You Tube video that compares the Black Stone to the Camp Chef and anyone who watched it would buy the Camp Chef. The reviewer really liked it over the Black Stone and a lot of his complaint was the grease management of the Black Stone.

Good for Black Stone to recognize the short coming and take the steps to fix it. It shows they are serious about their product and are in for the long haul.

Comment

I have always LOVED the Blackstone. But alas, I too in my research, that video included but there are several out there, found that I couldn't deal with the grease management system of the Blackstone and now have the Camp Chef. (Two of them still if ya have followed my story LOL) What really made me decide was looking at Amazon for aftermarket parts to fix something Blackstone should have addressed. I am GLAD to see them addressing it now. As a side note, I looked hard at the Rhino Razor flat top as well and low and behold, it leaks grease as bad if not worse. Otherwise it looked dang dang good too.

As another funny side note, I was so excited on my first cook on my new Camp Chef last weekend, I didn't even remotely level it, (which you can level it unlike the others). I spilled bacon grease ALL OVER my garage!

Comment

• texastweeter
          texastweeter commented
          Editing a comment
          That is better than the smell of fresh leather in the garage.

You are right lonnie mac Black Stone is a great unit and I could be happy with either one of them. Another factor for me was the fact that the Camp Chef came with adjustable legs for leveling. I keep a small bubble level handy and level it if I move it around the garage. I tilt it slightly towards the front so the grease runs towards the grease trough.

I thought you brought that second Camp Chef back to Wal Mart?

Comment

• Frozen Smoke
          Frozen Smoke commented
          Editing a comment
          Good idea Lonnie. If you have a local VFW or Legion Club they would love to have it I bet!
          I know our local ones do a lot of out in the parking lot steak fries or brat and burger cooks for fund raisers.

• lonnie mac
          lonnie mac commented
          Editing a comment
          Exactly!! I have a very good friend that cooks for a VFW almost every weekend. He is wheel chair bound, and could use a good flat top. I have already told the wife if this can't work out and Walmart continues to give the run around, I am going to just stick it in the back of his truck soon at work.

• Mr. Bones
          Mr. Bones commented
          Editing a comment
          Great Idea (VFW), Brothers!!! Frozen Smoke lonnie mac
          I commend an salute ya, both! (I don't give up a salute, easy-like!!!

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here