Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Breakfast for Dinner on the Blackstone.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Breakfast for Dinner on the Blackstone.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1203.JPG
Views:	224
Size:	137.7 KB
ID:	490047 First breakfast cook on my Blackstone. Home Fries, thick cut dry cured Bacon and Eggs.

Gotta work on my egg skills. Scrambled eggs were served.

Looks fantastic, great job, amigo!

Comment

I second that! I don't care how cobweb-y my brain is in the morning, that is a beautiful sight! Although, that's a serving for one, right?

Comment

• Huskee
        Huskee commented
        Editing a comment
        When I order 4 eggs at home or out I get looks, I hate it. Eggs aren't that filling really, and they're delicious so a man needs a bunch of 'em. And it's a fact that the body does best with a big breakfast than any other meal being big Steve B

• ssandy_561
        ssandy_561 commented
        Editing a comment
        The 3 eggs were for her. I cooked up 4 for me.

• ssandy_561
        ssandy_561 commented
        Editing a comment
        The back crispy bacon was hers also. My bacon was the thicker cuts up front that were still "floppy"

She looks quite well seasoned already.
      Beautiful.

Comment

• allsid
        allsid commented
        Editing a comment
        Agreed- good looking griddle!

Well done!

Comment

Looks fantastic!

Comment

OMG! I did the EXACT same menu tonight on mine for it's first cook! Right down to the three egg each! I didn't take good pics, but I too REALLY need to work on the egg skills with this thing. Guess it's gonna be an art!

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_1652.JPG Views:	1 Size:	2.19 MB ID:	490100
          Last edited by lonnie mac; April 26, 2018, 07:39 PM.

Comment

• allsid
            allsid commented
            Editing a comment
            Nice to see you got that Camp Chef fired up lonnie mac I have the same one-

• Troutman
            Troutman commented
            Editing a comment
            Double plus LM

Y'all are gonna want yer egg side temps ~ 100° lower than yer bacon side...

Comment

• Mr. Bones
            Mr. Bones commented
            Editing a comment
            P.S.: I know 'ishes' drive Virgos kinda crazy, but I've given ya a range to experiment in.
            Happy griddlin, Amigo!

• lonnie mac
            lonnie mac commented
            Editing a comment
            Ha you got that right brother! Using a "Certain Someones Secret Santa gift" I was measuring at the grills lowest setting at 350 ishes! I know that is a bit too hot for eggs and that's as low as she will go. May have to learn to turn a burner off in the middle or something.

• Steve B
            Steve B commented
            Editing a comment
            lonnie mac That’s what I started doing. The BlackStone has 4 burners. So I’ll turn the left 3 on medium and the far right one on low until it gets up to the temp I want. Than turn it off. The heat still transfers over to keep the far right hot enough for eggs or to keep things warm until everything else is done.

I WISH I liked eggs. I would actually consider paying money to a voodoo doctor to allow me to enjoy eggs but for now #nada. However, those look good to me @ssandy_561! Good job!

Comment

I just thought I would throw on some bacon for dinner too.

Comment

Just ordered the 22" tabletop....jerks.

Comment

• allsid
              allsid commented
              Editing a comment
              If it does not come with the adapter to connect to a large propane tank I highly suggest that being your second purchase xaugievike. After bacon of course!

• xaugievike
              xaugievike commented
              Editing a comment
              thats my plan...I waited to see this thing though, b/c to my eye the bulk hose has a different fitting than the griddle does (based on web pics)...I'll see when it comes though

Eggs are a learning curve as is flat top cooking in general. Seems to me you just got to get to know it just like any other cooker. Temp control is the big thing. One reason I like my Camp Chef Pro 90 3 burner camp stove with the steel griddles is that the 3rd burner is a separate griddle from the other two burners. I can control that one completely separate from the others. I can cook eggs on that side or toast buns and not have to worry about heat transfer from the other two burners.

First time I made scrambled eggs I dumped them on the griddle all at once. The griddle wasn't near hot enough and about a third of my eggs ran into the grease trough of the griddle! I still haven't found the sweet spot on the burners yet I just have to use it more. Some great looking food in this thread!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X
            false
            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
            false
            false
            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
            Yes
            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here