Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Camp Chef Flat Top two for one deal!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Camp Chef Flat Top two for one deal!

LOL, no no no. No two for one deal I am afraid. The dang things are hard enough to find just to get one! Heck Camp Chef does not even have this is their own stock! But I get home to find that Walmart has sent me two! Poor packer was probably very confused. The Camp Chef comes in two boxes, the grill, and the top are separate. But Walmart banded parts one and two together!

Back to Walmart I go to to return one of these 130 pound monsters to them. (For free of course as I only paid for one) Some poor soul is probably looking for one! Now on to the fun of learning to flat top!

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1648.JPG
Views:	151
Size:	86.2 KB
ID:	489073

Go back in a week or two and it will be marked down.

Comment

Hope you assembled first to make sure the one you kept wasn’t damaged. Flattop definitely on my wish list.

Comment

• lonnie mac
        lonnie mac commented
        Editing a comment
        Yep, as you can see, between the two, one box is literally beat to pieces. I am an honest man, but that one will be going back for sure!

I want a flattop haircut and grill.

Comment

• RonB
        RonB commented
        Editing a comment
        I want the hair that would allow me to get a flattop haircut.

• EdF
        EdF commented
        Editing a comment
        "Here come old flat top
        He come grooving up slowly
        He got joo joo eyeball
        He one holy roller
        He got hair down to his knee
        Got to be a joker he just do what you please. ..."

You're a honest man lonnie mac a lot people would have kept both. You are going to love that flat top. I preferred the Camp Chef over the Black Stone when I was researching them. I think Black Stone did do a few upgrades since mainly to the grease catch system which was a big complaint for them.

Comment

• lonnie mac
        lonnie mac commented
        Editing a comment
        I agree brother. Been researching these dang dang things for too long before I finally had to just do it. I agree both are great, but this won out by a tad on the grease trap.

Congrats! lonnie mac I will be assembling my 36" Blackstone tomorrow.

Comment

• lonnie mac
        lonnie mac commented
        Editing a comment
        WooHoo brother! We gonna learn this stuff together!

proud of your honesty. look forward to seeing your production on the new cooker.

Comment

Never once doubted yer integrity, Brother!
        Lookin forward to seein yer (an DWCowles ) griddles!

Comment

Good For You! And Nice Score Too, Ill take a Philly Cheesteak no roll.

Comment

lonnie mac I like my Camp Chef CI flat top on my gasser, man it’s a hummer dinger!!! Largest cook area I could find, 26x10. Watch out for the "made in China" comments.

Nice score bud, let’s have that meet and greet down ur way soon, I’ll buy!!!

Comment

Well played lonnie mac !

Comment

Top notch for your honesty, great to see. I’ve been watching flat tops for quite a while. My problem is current real estate under smoking devices and trying to convince the boss I need more.

Comment

• Jerod Broussard
                  Jerod Broussard commented
                  Editing a comment
                  This is a (FGNSD) Family Griddle NON-Smoking Device.

Well played, Brother!

Comment

Jerod, not exactly sure how to place my reply under your comment. I think I understand you to be assisting me in properly classifying the flat top in a way to possibly get my girlfriend, aka the boss, to be persuaded into allowing more deck space to be taken up?

Comment

Originally posted by HiGradeSmoker View Post
                  Jerod, not exactly sure how to place my reply under your comment. I think I understand you to be assisting me in properly classifying the flat top in a way to possibly get my girlfriend, aka the boss, to be persuaded into allowing more deck space to be taken up?
                  Haven't you guys heard of the old sayin' "It's better to ask forgiveness than permission"? I have used it several times and it works. Forgiveness generally takes a day or two. Persuasion sometimes weeks and months. My wife likes to argue and debate so I I have gone the forgiveness route to circumvent all the talk!

Comment

• Troutman
                    Troutman commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Unfortunately there's a shelf life to that strategy I prefer the tit for tat strategy instead, "oh and that necklace you really wanted, ok sure right after I buy that new vertical smoker"

Announcement

Collapse
                No announcement yet.
                Working...
                X
                false
                ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                false
                false
                {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                Yes
                ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here