Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Griddle Reviews

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Griddle Reviews

Looking for some Propane Griddle reviews. Looking to add one to my outdoor cooking center which includes a PBC and a 22" Weber Kettle.

Any first hand experieces welcomed.

Thanks

Steve

I will be watching this, I think I am going to get one for my gasser too.

Comment

I'm looking for a stand alone unit like the Blackstone or any other brand.

Comment

I've gone back and forth on whether I want one. I picked up a cast iron griddle recently that will go nicely on my gas grill. So now I'm leaning against it. Plus I have my Arteflame insert for the 26. But that smaller Blackstone griddle still looks nice.

Comment

• Huskee
          Huskee commented
          Editing a comment
          Same here, except no Arteflame. I wanted one but I talk myself out of it. I have a cast iron griddle though that fits over my Coleman stove and fits my kitchen range pretty good too. Love it, but small for a family of 5.

• Attjack
          Attjack commented
          Editing a comment
          Sounds like you just talked yourself back into an Arteflame.

The only griddle that I have is the 26” Arteflame.

Comment

• EdF
          EdF commented
          Editing a comment
          Oh Bummer!

I purchased a custom size "Griddle Master" insert for my Blaze 34 inch natural gas grill, then I found a killer deal on a used near new Blackstone 36 inch propane griddle. I am still having fun learning, have used both and love them both. The Blackstone I bought for its portability. If you use all four burners on the Blackstone it will use some propane so be sure you have a spare tank. Any questions just ask.

Comment

And I have a small Lodge griddle that I use on my bottom-end TEC infrared. Lots of ways to go out there!

Comment

I waffled back and forth between the Black Stone and Camp Chef stand alone flat tops for about 6 months. Here is a good video that compares the two.

In the end I didn't go with either of these. I went with a Camp Chef 3 burner Pro 90X camp stove and bought the griddles for it. You get about the same amount of cooking surface you do with the 36" stand alone unit. Camp Chef has stand alone units that are larger.

You get a lot of flexibility with the camp stove set up and it breaks down far better for portability. Here are some pics of what I wound up buying you can see what I mean about flexibility.

Click image for larger version  Name:	SANY0001.jpg Views:	3 Size:	93.2 KB ID:	457729

Click image for larger version  Name:	SANY0002.jpg Views:	2 Size:	113.4 KB ID:	457730

Click image for larger version  Name:	SANY0003.jpg Views:	2 Size:	102.4 KB ID:	457731

Click image for larger version  Name:	SANY0004.jpg Views:	2 Size:	100.9 KB ID:	457732

I love cooking on this and I love the way it breaks down. The legs fold up underneath the unit and it fits nicely into a roller bag. The griddles each have their own storage bags. Of course these are sold seprerately. Good greas catch system something the Black Stone lacks according to a lot of the reviews.

I will add Camp chef has excellent customer service!
            Attached Files

Comment

• BourBonQ
              BourBonQ commented
              Editing a comment
              Even my 2 burner Camp Chef is a tailgating champ. Like the portability and the versatility... can griddle, grill, pizza, do large stock pots, turkey fryers, etc., with the right accessories, of course.

• KevinG
              KevinG commented
              Editing a comment
              That looks like a very practical set up, very utilitarian if need be. That was a great investment. Been eyeballing those whenever I see them at costco.

I have this one: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I use it for making breakfast burritos at our local farmers market. It's a bit heavy and it would be better if I had a bag for it, but it has stood up to being thrown in and out of my pickup pretty well. I also have a Coleman road trip grill and can tell you the blackstone runs circles around the road trip in regards to btus. I haven't used the "grill section, only the griddle and a skillet on the "grill section" of the unit.

Comment

I have a two-burner Camp Chef Explorer. I got the griddle and bbq grill box. Makes a nice camping set up and the high btu burners are great when it's time to do some canning.

Click image for larger version

Name:	griddle.JPG
Views:	475
Size:	19.9 KB
ID:	457878

Comment

• KevinG
                KevinG commented
                Editing a comment
                Can't go wrong with that!

• BourBonQ
                BourBonQ commented
                Editing a comment
                That griddle is my #1 favorite way to make burgers.

• Frozen Smoke
                Frozen Smoke commented
                Editing a comment
                Been thinking about adding that grill box as well.

Looks like Amazon has the 28" Blackstone in sale for $128. I'm thinking that's a really good price. I think I'm gonna jump on that deal

Comment

jerrybell I just purchased this exact same stove and griddle. I’m leery of the BBQ grill box, how do you like that?

Comment

• Dr ROK
                  Dr ROK commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Haven't used it, but it seems as good as any portable gasser. Cast iron grates and about 5-6 inches of headroom. Should work fine for burgers, dogs, etc. Can't do indirect since it's a single burner.

• BourBonQ
                  BourBonQ commented
                  Editing a comment
                  They make a larger grill box that straddles 2 burners for 2 zone cooking. I too have the single, very pleased as a portable setup. Throw a few chips or pellets right on the diffuser plate.

• jerrybell
                  jerrybell commented
                  Editing a comment
                  The grill box is fairly new to me. I think its really well made. It heats evenly and is a nice upgrade from the small tabletop I was using before.

I have a 22" Blackstone. It's not too large, it's not too small, it's just right.

It's easily portable and can fit in the deck box if I want it completely out of the way.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                No announcement yet.
                Working...
                X
                false
                ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                false
                false
                {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                Yes
                ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here