Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Griddle Master

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Griddle Master

Just thought I would post this for those of you with gas grills who don't want to purchase a stand alone flat top. This guy makes custom flat tops that will fit on your gas grill turning it into a flat top machine.
    Also tons of video flat top recipes. Worth taking a look.
    Griddle Master makes BBQ Griddle Plate or Teppanyaki Grill top, custom made for your grill. High quality BBQ Griddle Plate from BBQ Griddle Plate Supplier.

Frozen Smoke, Thanks for the Link, I have an Antique Cast Iron Oval Griddle that I Use on a Large Coleman Camp Stove❗️ I Have Had a Wild Hair for Awhile Now for a Griddle for Our Char-Broil 4 Burner
    Gasser❗️ Thanks Again, From a Backyard Cremator in Fargo ND, Dan

Comment

Cool stuff!

Comment

That's great. If I had a gasser I think I'd be doing that. I think griddles are the secret to that incredible 'diner' taste that you just can't get in a skillet at home with breakfast & sandwiches.

Comment

• Frozen Smoke
          Frozen Smoke commented
          Editing a comment
          I was surprised the first time I made burgers on mine. They had that same great char flavor from my favorite bar burgers.Now you got a reason to buy a gasser!!

Very cool-

Comment

Awesome. I would love to have an outdoor griddle. Might be in the cards, at some point. Thanks for sharing.

Comment

I need this! Even more MCS now... I have the Bakers & Chefs event grill. It just sits in the garage waiting on a catering event. Now I can turn it into a griddle and use it all the time! Yep, this is gonna be a near future purchase for me I think.

Comment

That's pretty cool. But I'm gonna keep rollin' with my flipped over grill grates for the now. Someday, maybe. Rotisserie first.

Comment

I fought the urge to buy a flat top for about 6 months. I researched the Black Stone and the Camp Chef stand alone units and nearly pulled the trigger on one or the other several times. Then Blue Rhino came out with one and I almost bought that. I finally settled on the Camp Chef 3 burner Pro 90X camp stove with separate griddles. I just gave me more flexibility by having a stove or a griddle or a combo of both instead of a dedicated flat top. I posted pics of it in a thread around here somewhere.
                If I had a gas grill I most likely would have bought from The Griddle Master.

Bottom line is I love the Camp Chef set up I got and am looking forward to getting into a lot more flat top cooking.

Comment

I like the idea of the Griddle Master, but not the cost, considering I already have full GrillGrates on my Weber gasser that I can flip over, plus I just ordered a Drip 'N Griddle for my kettle that in theory will double as a griddle on the gas grill.

Do you think there is a big difference in cooking in a closed edge griddle versus on the flat side of the Grillgrates, for burgers and stuff? I.e. holding all the grease in the pan, versus letting some drip through to the gas grill's grease pan?

Granted a stainless griddle surface will be easier to clean than the flip side of my "well seasoned" Grillgrates....

Comment

hmm.....that may save my gasser. thanks for the link!

Comment

Originally posted by jfmorris View Post
                      I like the idea of the Griddle Master, but not the cost, considering I already have full GrillGrates on my Weber gasser that I can flip over, plus I just ordered a Drip 'N Griddle for my kettle that in theory will double as a griddle on the gas grill.

Do you think there is a big difference in cooking in a closed edge griddle versus on the flat side of the Grillgrates, for burgers and stuff? I.e. holding all the grease in the pan, versus letting some drip through to the gas grill's grease pan?

Granted a stainless griddle surface will be easier to clean than the flip side of my "well seasoned" Grillgrates....
                      I'm not really familiar with Grill Grates or the Drip N' Griddle enough to know how they work as a griddle.
                      The only possible downside I see to the Griddle Master griddles is there is no grease trough or grease catch to get rid of some of the grease during cooking. In one of his cooking videos he shows how he has a can or bowl nearby and then uses his spatula to scrape some of the grease off the griddle and put it in the bowl.

If you're cooking a lot of bacon or burgers you will certainly want a way to move some of the grease off the cooking area.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                      No announcement yet.
                      Working...
                      X
                      false
                      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                      false
                      false
                      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                      Yes
                      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here