Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pit Boss Ultimate Griddle - Must Have Accessories

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pit Boss Ultimate Griddle - Must Have Accessories

If you don’t have these already, I can’t recommend them enough. It’s the Pit Boss Scraper and their cleaning brush. I’ve been using these for a few months now and can say they work great. The scraper is pretty wide and has a long handle that keeps your hand away from the heat and is safe to use on the armored ceramic cook top. The brush works great at removing the leftover crud on the griddle and is safe to use at temps up to 500*. I usually do my cleaning the next day by heating the griddle hot enough to steam the water. A little Dawn dish soap and water, this brush works great at removing the grease and crud……that is if it doesn’t come off with a few paper towels first. I’ve tried a smaller handheld scraper, but it was a PIA to use. The brush even comes with an extra pad and it snaps in place. Replacement pads are available, but I’m still using the original. They’re a lot cheaper from Pit Boss’ website than Amazon. Don’t pay attention to some of the bad reviews you might see on Amazon, those people sounded like idiots. Example: One guy was complaining because he said the brush can only be used on a cold griddle 🙄 Pit Boss clearly states on the product page it’s safe up to 500*.

Even if you don’t have a Pit Boss, these should work well on any griddle IMO.

Click image for larger version  Name:	DFF91DB2-565D-4C30-B599-4B61084A0EB5.jpg Views:	0 Size:	2.66 MB ID:	1390576

Click image for larger version  Name:	BF49625D-D314-470F-BEFA-B9548DFE9022.jpg Views:	0 Size:	3.17 MB ID:	1390577

Click image for larger version  Name:	E14D25A1-BB41-4628-8378-994E6B8C502F.png Views:	0 Size:	921.5 KB ID:	1390575

Click image for larger version  Name:	50DD3470-36A7-49AD-983D-32AC561D5403.png Views:	0 Size:	821.2 KB ID:	1390574
    Last edited by Panhead John; March 12, 2023, 03:32 PM.

Also, Academy has a nice set from Outdoor Gourmet:

Click image for larger version

Name:	BE435D41-BB95-40EA-AAF9-B6C8D4E9FED0.png
Views:	223
Size:	153.8 KB
ID:	1390585

I got that set and the Pit Boss set. The scraper is pretty heavy duty. The spatulas are serrated, but the PB spatulas are more heavy duty. The shaker is pretty cool, I could use 4 or 5 of those!

And, Blackstone has a nylon set as well:

Click image for larger version

Name:	2AC8A5B6-FC77-459E-9C08-527A030377FE.png
Views:	216
Size:	102.2 KB
ID:	1390586

I don’t have this one yet, but I’ll probably get it. I like that scoop.

Comment

• Panhead John
      Panhead John commented
      Editing a comment
      Yeah, I was gonna say, I like that scoop too! Wish PB made one to go with my set of tools.

Yup, got the The Pit Boss kit and also highly recommend them as well. I originally got some high temp silicon ones from Walmart, but these are a step above.

Comment

Panhead John I'll keep that in mind on my next projected project. I want a grill but would like a griddle on the side. And a drain towards the back but at least similar to this.

PanGriddle

Comment

• Mosca
        Mosca commented
        Editing a comment
        I got my dedicated griddle because it was on deep discount and also because I can resist MCS but I’m not immune to it.

Having worked with it for a while, and assembling it and paying attention to its characteristics, I can confidently say that a griddle insert on top of a grill would probably work equally well, the only issue being a drain for the grease. As long as you’re not griddling 2 lbs of bacon at a time (like I do), it wouldn’t really be a problem, I don’t think.

• jfmorris
        jfmorris commented
        Editing a comment
        Mosca grease management (or lack thereof) is the main issue with a griddle top on a regular grill versus a dedicated griddle. Aside from that, they operate about the same.

Announcement

Collapse
    No announcement yet.
    Working...
    X
    false
    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
    false
    false
    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
    Yes
    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here