Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The New Traeger Flatrock Flat Top Grill

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The New Traeger Flatrock Flat Top Grill

Traeger has entered the outdoor griddle market. They carried over design elements from the Ironwood/Timberline series with their swappable rail accessories and integrated grease keg

$899.99 U.S.

Browse the new Traeger Flat Top Grill: Flatrock; the latest addition to your outdoor cooking setup. Experience new flavor capabilities and elevate your backyard cooking options with our versatile outdoor flat top griddle.

Looks pretty cool, I like the built in gas gauge….very handy.

Comment

• bbqLuv
      bbqLuv commented
      Editing a comment
      Ditto on the built-in gas gauge

• Uncle Bob
      Uncle Bob commented
      Editing a comment
      They claim you'll "never run out of fuel"..........................they don't know YOU do they PJ?

We'll be getting to this soon.

Comment

• Uncle Bob
      Uncle Bob commented
      Editing a comment
      So Max, you going to do a shoot out with the new Weber griddle since they're both launching around the same time.

• Max Good
      Max Good commented
      Editing a comment
      No shoot out. As always I strive to be factual as possible and provide useful, unbiased info to our PMC members and all who visit AmazingRibs.com
      That said, the new Traeger griddles are significantly higher priced than Weber. I want to know what that buys us.

Ok... that video. I have so many things I could say. But....

First and foremost....

WHO the HE** is griddling ASPARAGUS for BREAKFAST????

Seriously.

Comment

• Steve R.
      Steve R. commented
      Editing a comment
      Someone who wants their pee to stink all day long, I suppose. 😂

• ItsAllGoneToTheDogs
      ItsAllGoneToTheDogs commented
      Editing a comment
      I love asparagus tips in omelettes...

• Huskee
      Huskee commented
      Editing a comment
      Wife & I stay at a posh winery B&B for our anniversary each year, and they serve a gourmet breakfast each morning. One morning there was asparagus on the plate with other colorful well-presented things looking like a cookbook photo. I thought the same thing. I like it with my steaks, but was thinking "Come on! Asparagus for breakfast?!" but it worked. It's not traditional, I'll give you that, but all in how it's presented or paired, etc. I don't do it at home though.

No details on what type of surface for the griddle. Maybe regular cast iron? Otherwise, intriguing design.

Comment

• Panhead John
      Panhead John commented
      Editing a comment
      Carbon steel

Looks pretty nice. I see they’ve continued the high price as with their other newer offerings.

Comment

I was surprised it was not pellet fuel.

Comment

Originally posted by DogFaced PonySoldier View Post

First and foremost....

Seriously.
        Why wouldn't you?

Click image for larger version

Name:	AGpUTPXmw5-7BhpsvGLGN6AD4R-sMyYIU97buekebuG7BUavNI6xASJRQ5O4eR8t2O9Fop1iywxIyvQxNQgjnw-OCeZa1PLABzhCW9QOZpawi6eU1mSmJa4pK5aCUxhW_QQSdYpBOEhL-lmeW4428tgLl6AnheDaFTQpM9EuGkqx8D-nLBiptL4a2wa_45tNJ1S3N6ydE2_H-u-_hFMmeGhv3in9JAp5aAOm4ENPRY3Ty1zLq5m9-qjUIkaZBSh
Views:	332
Size:	165.7 KB
ID:	1381672

Name:	UGcGnDUTkgwrAyJZ3D-tx4Ed8c_r2jlTf9rw4jWStif1nVJ_WibTVJ8-umcXuf7ww_nuf_eRbiTXDzfv6RJYR9d2HmVAsL48E-grqxHqISI0YVCdJilzyEILK7q1wNKKmbIb15rLo4vYqWPTH4d_6BWsRRJvCKEH1kQEX0iFVF3pQC0mH2oCeZNaaPpDseiDQmcJCo0zRO2klu5zlKPn5S24FZKD20iHMAZ6o-huP4Tpv86vkizZjwGObgI65KJ
Views:	329
Size:	179.2 KB
ID:	1381673

Name:	QY1V5G6YrDukVeB9HBZ2UhjEpc6XwAnSMfyDylHojiWrqnYVBLV7X9Sp10sz45fj90fSwYgGQidhbktqwluVK9aROKDVrwCresjB7E_6xibokG0uMDV-PPIX4PfmdfOP_EOUwUjb3spDjQKlVMdo4Wt-v4V_XeralptgmCvuN9Q_OGiKxmkHzQsSoiHZUYm2j8ReoBa-shneOCP61j7mf3JteDpgQlwWaamQHXeaWZkWSjgdM1Ea9RVDovFR65m
Views:	331
Size:	127.9 KB
ID:	1381674

Comment

Here’s more info. on their website. I’m kinda surprised there’s no lower shelf for storage. The 3 separated cooking zones looks to be a first on griddles, that I’ve seen anyway. It’s a carbon steel cooktop. And yeah, $900. is pretty damn steep for a 3 burner griddle. Looking forward to Max’s review.

Shop our new outdoor Flat Top Grill, Flatrock. Featuring a premium lid, innovative design, and premium quality, this versatile griddle opens up a world of culinary possibilities. With versatility that allows everything from griddling and frying, to steaming and sautéing.
          Last edited by Panhead John; February 22, 2023, 03:46 PM.

Comment

• bbqLuv
            bbqLuv commented
            Editing a comment
            Cost less at half the price 👍😯
            Last edited by bbqLuv; February 22, 2023, 03:43 PM.

• Allon
            Allon commented
            Editing a comment
            bbqLuv

Let me check your math...
            🙄

• Max Good
            Max Good commented
            Editing a comment
            Lotta griddles this year.

Originally posted by DogFaced PonySoldier View Post

First and foremost....

Seriously.
          Asparagus, Breakfast of Champions!!!

Comment

• kenrobin
            kenrobin commented
            Editing a comment
            Nice to see it in the video. The pictures on Traeger's website make it look small.

Meat Church BBQ just released a YouTube video on this new griddle cooking a Hash Brown Omelette.

Dead Broke BBQ onYouTube
          Last edited by Purc; February 22, 2023, 06:39 PM.

Comment

• Jfrosty27
            Jfrosty27 commented
            Editing a comment
            I don’t need the griddle. I have a Pit Boss. But I sure do need one of those omelets!! Looks mighty tasty.

• bbqLuv
            bbqLuv commented
            Editing a comment
            good looking Hash Brown Omelette

I’m not too interested in a griddle and they lost me at LP only.

I also like asparagus with eggs though it’s not we make regularly. On a side note when I was in college I got a free upgrade to first class on a delta flight from Chicago to Atlanta. The breakfast they served was a corn and zucchini omelette and it was surprisingly delicious.

Comment

Originally posted by rlozinak View Post
            I was surprised it was not pellet fuel.
            Same here..... I was actually a little disappointed that it wasn't pellet fuel.

Comment

• ItsAllGoneToTheDogs
              Editing a comment
              to be fair a gas griddle is a perfect companion to a pellet grill, and pellets aren't exactly efficient for long max temp runs.

• kenrobin
              kenrobin commented
              Editing a comment
              I know..... I was just thinking that since Traeger's brand is practically synonymous with pellet grills that it would have been interesting if they had figured out how to fuel their first griddle with pellets. It would have ended up as a novelty item.

I wanted to be excited for this, but Traeger is out of touch with the market. It looks well designed, and the griddle surface is good.. but the price is just way too high to be competitive. Grilla has a supposedly fantastic stainless 4 burner for not much more coin... both brands are made in China so no excuse other than brand tax. I'm still waiting on a 3 burner stainless in the 800ish range and I guess I'll just keep waiting
            Last edited by ItsAllGoneToTheDogs; February 22, 2023, 07:36 PM.

Comment

• bbqLuv
              bbqLuv commented
              Editing a comment
              ditto,
              And I really enjoy my Timberline 850.

• ItsAllGoneToTheDogs
              Editing a comment
              bbqLuv I know some people might think I hate Traeger but I honestly don't, I just really dislike what they offer you for the price They have been pushing innovation a bit lately and it's awesome, I just refuse to pay that brand tax for something made in china unless they're the only game in town... and they aren't.

• Attjack
              Attjack commented
              Editing a comment
              It's a fraction of what an EVO costs but it also probably not impervious to weather.

Anybody know what the flattop size is? It looks smaller than my 36" Blackstone. 30" maybe?

Comment

• Panhead John
              Panhead John commented
              Editing a comment
              Rod it’s 33” X 18”

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here