Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Gas Griddle built in

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gas Griddle built in

Thank you in advance for your time!!! I have a Members Mark 36 gas griddle that i love- but sadly it wont switch to natural gas- I'm building an outdoor kitchen and want to put a large gas griddle- The camp chef looks good except that weird front spigot looking grease trap??? Mine has a golf ball size hole with a slide out muffin pan that is great to slide all the crap into- has anyone altered this grease trap and or has anyone bought a commercial griddle and used it??

Welcome to The Pit.

Sorry, but I can't help.

Comment

Welcome from Virginia!

Blaze also has a built in griddle, although I have not had any experience with it. I have seen that Members Mark griddle and it is impressive. I do own the Camp Chef and have zero issues with grease. I have see folks thread the downspot and extend the length using pipe.

Comment

Welcome from St. Cloud, FL. Don't have experience with that griddle but I would think there is a way to plumb it so it works for you. Send pics of whatever you get to work.

Comment

I have a Camp Chef FTG900, and absolutely love it. I'm planning on eventually building it into an outdoor kitchen, but just use it on the cart for now.

Here's a Youtube video I bookmarked a while back, showing how a guy built the Camp Chef FTG600 into an outdoor kitchen:

There is nothing weird about the grease trap mechanism on the Camp Chef - its just a hole at the end of the trough on the front, at one side. The grease cup is mounted to a bracket on the left side table, which it slides onto. The guy in the video just cut that off of the side table, since he was getting rid of the cart anyway, and mounted it to the front edge of his counter to the left side of the griddle.

Camp Chef seems to support converting almost every one of their cookers from propane to natural gas, so its a good way to go. There are also built in griddles if you look somewhere like bbqguys.com, but they cost a LOT more. Most of those are stainless though, so may have less maintenance issues than cold rolled steel. If you don't keep the steel griddles (Blackstone, Campchef, etc) covered, rust can be an issue just like with a cast iron pan.

Comment

• DavidNorcross
            DavidNorcross commented
            Editing a comment
            I love what they did with the drip tray.

• Imwishing
            Imwishing commented
            Editing a comment
            thank you so very much!!!!

I would be very careful building in a griddle that is meant to be freestanding, depending on what your vision of your outdoor kitchen looks like. I was tempted to do so with a Blackstone because they are so cheap, so I did some research and contacted the manufacturer. They recommend something like 4" clear on all sides.

There are also a number of posts on this forum about how hot things get just to the side of these griddles. See for example https://pitmaster.amazingribs.com/fo...kstone-griddle.

I bit the bullet and went for a much more expensive griddle that was made for a built-in application. It is also stainless steel (adding significantly to the price) so I don't anticipate ever replacing it.

Comment

I built a 28" Blackstone griddle ito a cooking center I built. I posted about it here in the pit. Here is the post about it.

https://pitmaster.amazingribs.com/fo...nally-complete

I've used the griddle probably 40+ times since I built this unit last summer. Let me know if you have any questions.
          Last edited by ssandy_561; May 28, 2021, 11:31 AM.

Comment

• Imwishing
            Imwishing commented
            Editing a comment
            Your setup is great - I especially love your countertop- the new blackstone have the grease trap in the back and mine is up against a brick wall - i can only imagine the horror of the grease spilling out the bottom of the griddle!

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
        Yes
        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here