Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Many Camp Chef flattops Discontinued

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Many Camp Chef flattops Discontinued

I was just browsing the flattop reviews on the free side and the comparisons between Blackstone and CC. I noticed that among other changes, CC has discontinued many of their smaller models of griddles. No 475 (3 burner) and no 2 burners. Only the 699 & 900 models show. No info on why, but I really like the 3 burner 475. Oh well, saved from that MCS moment.

GolfGeezer I would imagine they were selling many more 4 and 6 burner models than they are the 3 burner model. I never saw a 2 burner model for sale in their "flat top" series. Its probably not cost effective to keep tooling up for something that they are not selling as many of. I imagine most folks opt for the FTG600, and those that gotta have the biggest and baddest griddle go for the FTG900. Hence, streamlining the product offerings was probably in order.
    Last edited by jfmorris; April 21, 2021, 09:27 AM.

Comment

• GolfGeezer
      GolfGeezer commented
      Editing a comment
      The only weird thing about that observation is that CC has always marketed and focused on the "camping" aspect of their offerings. So, eliminating the 1 and 2 burner products means portability is sort of out the window for their griddles. Leaves only the Blackstone small ones for that market.

• jfmorris
      jfmorris commented
      Editing a comment
      GolfGeezer the FTG series is not actually super portable, since its on a large cart. For camping, I feel folks are going with their flat tops or stoves with folding legs.

Bummer. I was thinking of getting the 475 three burner. The 600 is just too big for my needs and available space. Looks like a Blackstone 28” in my future.

Comment

My guess is that the focus for that size is with their cooking systems which are hard to beat.

Comment

I think they replaced the smaller ones with their Versatop line of grills. Meanwhile most of their 16" burner systems remain sold out...

Comment

• Dadof3Illinois
          Dadof3Illinois commented
          Editing a comment
          I agree, those two and three burner griddles would be in direct competition with their stove tops which have the ability to do the same thing.

• jfmorris
          jfmorris commented
          Editing a comment
          This is exactly what I was thinking. The 3 burner 16" stove griddle top is already about the same size as the FTG600, and there are 1 and 2 burner griddle options. Too much overlap. That plus the Versatop.

• GolfGeezer
          GolfGeezer commented
          Editing a comment
          Well, it is their choice, but I still think it leaves a significant gap, especially the lack of the 3 burner griddle config. Plus those Versatops only have a 1 burner griddle accessory and getting a cart is an expensive "option". Like I said, killed my MCS for what they have.

I wonder if I could find a good clearance price on a 3-burner model somewhere..........

Comment

• ItsAllGoneToTheDogs
          ItsAllGoneToTheDogs commented
          Editing a comment
          I've been looking for over a year.. good luck

How things have changed, when I was growing up a flat top was a haircut.
        Discontinued also too. Come and go.
        Last edited by bbqLuv; April 22, 2021, 07:40 AM.

Comment

• SmokingSteve
          SmokingSteve commented
          Editing a comment
          And here I thought a flat-top is an aircraft carrier!

It would be nice to know where they are going with their lineup. A relatively new offering is the FTG600P, a portable 4 burner, so perhaps their research tells them more burners are preferred by a larger portion of the market.

Last year they discontinued the Somerset IV, four burner patio stove that fzxdoc and I each have and love dearly. I've talked to them a couple times about the cancellation and pretty much get the shoulder shrug thing. Pity..........

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
        Yes
        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here