Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I give up!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I give up!

MCS has a strangle-hold on me right now.... I'm coveting a Camp Chef 36" 4-burner flat top because it has both griddle and grill. I'm not gonna fight it. I'm just wondering if anyone has seen any on sale?

Why stop there? Why not the Camp Chef 900?

Flat tops are so much fun to cook on, you won't regret your purchase

Comment

• Mr. Bones
      Mr. Bones commented
      Editing a comment
      I know a guy, has a 900...

He LOVES it!

• Deaf Arty
      Deaf Arty commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks! But I think the 600 will be plenty of real estate (famous last words...)

• gcdmd
      gcdmd commented
      Editing a comment
      Deaf Arty
      An old surgeon friend of mine used to always say, "Do the last operation first."

Hope ya find yerself a Great Deal, Brother, on accounta griddles ROCK, an a 36" 4-burner gives ya what ya need to really utilize th potential of a flattop, plus ya gits ya a big-arse ole gas grill, as well!!!

Semper Fi!
    Last edited by Mr. Bones; April 8, 2021, 06:19 PM.

Comment

• Deaf Arty
      Deaf Arty commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks, Bro! Yeah, I'm stoked to start cooking on it both ways. Semper Fi.

On sale? 😂 🤣
    Just step up and get it. You’ll be so happy you did.

Comment

Love my 600. You will not regret this purchase!

Comment

I need to add that I have a little 17” Blackstone. I love it. So that after less than a year I am looking for a way to unload it so I can get a much larger one. So versatile and fun to use.

Comment

MCS is contagious.
          I think it was written, "Thou shall not covet your neighbor's grill". Maybe ok if she wears a Griddle.

Comment

I have the camp chef Expedition 3 burner stove with a griddle. I had a 3 burner black stone but for me I didn’t use it enough so I sold it and bought the camp chef stove. We use this thing all the time now. With 3 -30,000 btu burners I can use the griddle over two and have my deep fryer going on the other.
            I want to get the pizza oven for it this summer too.

Comment

• Mr. Bones
              Mr. Bones commented
              Editing a comment
              Suh-Weet, Amigo!!!

Please, do keep us updated...

I picked up a 36” late last year and have no regrets. I still feel like I’m learning how versatile these are especially since the weather has limited it’s use over the last 5 months, but even with that, griddles are just REALLY fun to cook on and to me that alone makes it worth having one.

Comment

• Deaf Arty
              Deaf Arty commented
              Editing a comment
              Thanks for the confirmation!

I bought my FTG600 about 3 weeks ago, I couldn't find any on sale at the time I bought it. Home Depot and Amazon both had it for $350 and that was the cheapest I could find. While shopping for it I went through deal finding websites to see what price they normally have on sale, and unfortunately they don't seem to go on sale that often. But it did give me some serious heartburn spending 350, because I saw in 2019 CampingWorld had a FTG600 on sale for about 200 dollars.

Comment

• Uncle Bob
              Uncle Bob commented
              Editing a comment
              This...............

• Deaf Arty
              Deaf Arty commented
              Editing a comment
              Yeah, I was hoping to find such a deal. But you're right -- they don't go on sale often.

Just sit back and give in! Get it & in a hurry! 🕶

Comment

Three years ago I thought the only place flat tops existed was Benihana.

Two years ago I bought a 36” Blackstone.

Today I can’t imagine a time in my life when I won’t want one. The griddle is by far my most used cooker.

Comment

My GOD I want one so bad... and the 900... I didn't even know that existed until now. And now I want THAT one, too!

Comment

• Deaf Arty
                  Deaf Arty commented
                  Editing a comment
                  maybe both?

• jfmorris
                  jfmorris commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Trust me. THIS is the flat top you want! FTG900 FTG900 FTG900....

• FireMan
                  FireMan commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Just sit back & GIVE IN, now.

They used to go on sale regularly under $200... of course in the year I've been watching the only time it happened they were sold out by the time I got the email notification. I've pretty much given up on a flat top

Comment

• FireMan
                  FireMan commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Never give up! Never!

• ItsAllGoneToTheDogs
                  ItsAllGoneToTheDogs commented
                  Editing a comment
                  FireMan wife said I could buy an almost $5K smoker that's almost the same as my current one when she said no to a $400 griddle, I am giving up Might buy her a Fuego Element even with their mixed reviews if they go back on sale sub $300 I could use it to complement the MAK and then buy the flat top insert they sell for it. Not the same but probably just as useful.

I am with Dadof3Illinois. I have a Tahoe 3 burner stove and I love it. Since the griddle top is not fixed, there are all sorts of toys you can get for it. Right now I just have the CI griddle that came with it, but..

Click image for larger version

Name:	grill box.jpg
Views:	413
Size:	24.1 KB
ID:	1015457

Click image for larger version

Name:	camp-chef-artisan-outdoor-oven-30-accessory-1422834-1.jpg
Views:	405
Size:	17.5 KB
ID:	1015458

Comment

• Deaf Arty
                  Deaf Arty commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Dang. MCS just flared up again...

Announcement

Collapse
              No announcement yet.
              Working...
              X
              false
              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
              false
              false
              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
              Yes
              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here