Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I know I'm coming to the wrong crowd for this

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I know I'm coming to the wrong crowd for this

But I'll take a chance as I know you want to spend my $$$. I'm looking at http://www.amazon.com/Blackstone-1813-Tabletop-Griddle-Stainless/dp/B07ZS5RQZ4. Great reviews and I like the table top model. Here's my thought. I recently got the DnG for the Kettle/SnS. So far used the D. Works great. If I have this why get a flat top? Yes, the foot print is smaller with the DnG and would need to load up on charcoal to use.
    Some qustions;
    Anyone have this? Feedback please.
    Other alternative suggestions encouraged in tabletop and size.
    If using the canisters, what are the expectations on amount of use time wise from a canister? It would be for quick cooks, breakfast, burgers, dogs and similar items.

As always, thank you and if anyone wants to contribute to my go fund me initiative, just send me your CC info to charge it. 😁

Click image for larger version  Name:	97425A01-4004-4C38-A1FA-36DAD782B65B.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	2.67 MB ID:	1014691Click image for larger version  Name:	275790EA-FC81-4632-BE23-7D04991812D1.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	2.56 MB ID:	1014690 I have the 17” version. I added an adaptor hose for a 20lb tank and a stand for it as I don’t have suitable table top space for it. I absolutely love it. However I do wish I had gotten the 22” model for that extra space. Heats up in just a few minutes and clean up after takes literally under two minutes. Get it. You’ll love and be surprised how much you use it.
    Last edited by Jfrosty27; April 7, 2021, 07:01 PM.

Comment

• RichieB
      RichieB commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks. I do have the table space. I do not want to deal with 20# tanks. That's why I went bulk install off my 500 gallon underground tank. Used for heat, water and F/P. with the bulk install for the Genesis II. I'm to old and cranky to be lugging those tanks to Tractor Supply and back.

MAK sells custom cast aluminum griddles for their grills, you can get half and full size. No repeated seasoning necessary.

Comment

Looks like that models has 24,000 btu burner. One pound canisters of propane has 22,000 btu, so you’d get little under an hour of full throttle cooking time off of one of those canisters. You can buy them in 4 packs at Home Depot and it ends up being a little cheaper.

Comment

• RichieB
        RichieB commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks... It might be a bit more cost with those but I think I can deal with it.

• USMCCrashCrew89
        USMCCrashCrew89 commented
        Editing a comment
        RichieB, I know you mention earlier that you didn’t want to bother with the 20lb bottles of LP, but also consider the fact that you’d get close to 20 hrs of cook time off a bottle and if you have a place that can fill them versus swappping them, the cost to fill is less or equal to a 4 pack of the 1 lb canisters. Just a consideration though.

• RichieB
        RichieB commented
        Editing a comment
        Yea, USMCCrashCrew89 now looking at small capacity and cost of the canisters, it isn't very cost effective. I'll have to rethink this. And I realize I have this which I used today (and then realized I have this) for some bacon and eggs. Hey, at least I ordered those fancy skewers from Home Depot today.

Buy it!

OK, now to read your post...

Comment

I agree totally with our founding fore flusher rickgregory , buy it! Now what are we talkin about here?

Comment

Hmmm. Where in western MA. Are you?
          would you be interested in a 36” stainless BlackStone?
          I’m about to sell mine. It’s in good shape. Only gonna put it up for sale, in a couple of weeks, or sooner cause I haven’t used it in almost 2 years.
          I’m about a half hour outside of NYC.

Comment

• Steve B
            Steve B commented
            Editing a comment
            Dang. RichieB and klflowers Any chance of you guys coming back to visit your old stomping grounds? Would love to hook up with you’ll.

• klflowers
            klflowers commented
            Editing a comment
            Steve B one of these days soon I hope

• Steve B
            Steve B commented
            Editing a comment
            klflowers Keep me in mind if you do come out this way.

I had the 17” and loved it. But I wanted 2 burners, so when Walmart had the 22” on sale for 1/2 price with the foldable travel stand, I got it. Given your desires, I think the 17” is a great griddle. Easy to heat up, keep clean and seasoned. I also switched to the 20 lb adapter, but mainly because I can use the tank as an emergency standby for my main gasser as well as fueling the flattop.

Comment

I have two 22" units. One at home and one for the camp. I also bought one for my son.

I use 20 pound propane cylinder adapters on both of mine. The smaller canisters are a PITA.

The grill is handy to use and easy to clean up.

Click image for larger version

Name:	flank steak finsihed.jpg
Views:	325
Size:	138.0 KB
ID:	1014783Click image for larger version

Name:	PXL_20210309_005109928.PORTRAIT.jpg
Views:	315
Size:	115.0 KB
ID:	1014784Click image for larger version

Name:	PXL_20210308_144916280.jpg
Views:	316
Size:	147.9 KB
ID:	1014785

Comment

If space and portability are not an issue, I see no advantage of the 17" over the 36". I have owned both, and should have just gone big or gone home to begin with.

Comment

I would highly recommend to go for it instead of checking other grills due to it's key features like cooking space, electric igniter, portability, easy to clean option and lastly it's price. They are offering a lot of features within a limited price. The cons are that the grease system is difficult to manage but that's no a big issue.

Comment

• Donw
                  Donw commented
                  Editing a comment
                  GolfGeezer The old Blackstones had the front grease cup that didn’t work very well. I know because I have one and wish I had waited for the newer models. That might be what he is talking about.

• GolfGeezer
                  GolfGeezer commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Donw Yes, my 17" had that hole in the front left with the cup underneath. I was hoping Camp Chef would redesign theirs as I like their products. When Blackstone came out with the new design, I jumped at the 22" deal.

• Jfrosty27
                  Jfrosty27 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Mine has the cup in the back. It’s an Adventure series model. Just scrap to the opening and you’re done.

I'll give another heck yeah to the Blackstone griddle. I have an older 17-inch single burner that lives in our RV and it's so efficient at cooking everything that I've even used it inside on top of the RV kitchen stove-top during a desert wind storm so i could still make smash burgers. works great. don't hesitate. you'll thank yourself for doing so.

Comment

I’m in the sweet, hot muggy south, so I’m biased.

I have the 36” rolled steel version and love it, BUT it is a challenge to keep rust from forming despite keeping it properly seasoned. My dad, who lives about 85 miles north of me bought the SS 17”, as it’s just him and mom. They don’t have the rust issues.

Blackstone 1971 Heavy Duty Flat Top Grill Station for Kitchen, Camping, Outdoor, Tailgating, Tabletop, Countertop – Stainless Steel Griddle with Updated Knobs & Ignition, 17 Inch https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0083GOYGO...R0FDDC5K67RRKD

Comment

• Jfrosty27
                    Jfrosty27 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I’m in WI and I keep mine in the garage with a cover. Never any rust on the top.

Just get it already. Or, if you want a little more versatility, get a Camp Chef stove with a griddle. Lots of other do dads to spend your money on with the stove; since it doesn't have a fixed griddle top, it is pretty versatile.

Comment

• Deaf Arty
                    Deaf Arty commented
                    Editing a comment
                    + 1 on the Camp Chef because of the grill with the griddle.

i have purchased a lot of cookers in my life, my blackstone 36 inch is one of the few that i have zero regrets about. that thing cooks everything all day from breakfast to dessert. So to echo what most everyone else is saying, buy it!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                  No announcement yet.
                  Working...
                  X
                  false
                  ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                  false
                  false
                  {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                  Yes
                  ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                  /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here