Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Custom Weber Performer Table

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Custom Weber Performer Table

I was getting really sick of looking at the nasty plastic table surface on my 2006 Weber Performer Deluxe and was motivated to finally do something about it after seeing pics of what others had done. My goal was to only use what I had on hand in the garage and I was mostly successful. I only had to purchase a few strips of Lath for the trim, pre-mix thinset and some silicone caulk. The rest I was able to re-purpose from previous projects.
    I still need to seal the tile and get longer bolts to secure it to the factory bolt holes but it's pretty much ready to go otherwise. I made it about an inch deeper on each side front to back and also stretched it to 32 inches wide. The toughest part was curving the inner trim piece that curves around the bowl. It took a few days of soaking and another few to set up clamped in place.
    It came out not bad for these pics but you'd easily pick out many flaws seeing it in person. I didn't really start with a plan other than 'cut wood and lay tile' so a second version would likely come out much better. If I plan too much I tend to never start the project so it's usually best for me to start with cutting and do the figuring out stuff after that. Also, project time typically overlaps happy hour so mistakes are sometimes difficult to avoid!
    I have build pics from start to finish if anyone is interested in seeing the process. I started it for my own amusement but thought others might be weird enough to see how it went down.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20210220_134706881.jpg
Views:	467
Size:	132.4 KB
ID:	992959

Name:	IMG_20210220_134654979.jpg
Views:	459
Size:	68.9 KB
ID:	992960

Very nice! And that Santa Maria accessory goes well with it!

Comment

• latenight71
      latenight71 commented
      Editing a comment
      leftover sample tiles from a bathroom remodel. they fit the project well. Thanks!

I like it!

Comment

Congrats on your efforts!

Comment

Very nice results, Brother!

Sure, I'd love to see th process step by step. My brain actively craves learnin...

If I had a nickel fer every tile I've installed, yerself an me would be sippin umbrella drinks on My Private Island, an takin turns checkin th cooker(s).
        Last edited by Mr. Bones; February 20, 2021, 11:40 PM.

Comment

• latenight71
          latenight71 commented
          Editing a comment
          i like private islands. how deep down the rabbit hole do you seek?

Nasty 2006 OG plastic top that is uncleanable and cracking.

Name:	IMG_20210202_135405109.jpg
Views:	415
Size:	92.2 KB
ID:	993111

I had half a sheet of 1/2-inch plywood leftover from shed base project. I cut it to desired size and used plastic table as template and also marked and drilled mounting holes.

Name:	IMG_20210202_163050678.jpg
Views:	409
Size:	137.7 KB
ID:	993112

test fit

Name:	IMG_20210202_163628741.jpg
Views:	410
Size:	90.1 KB
ID:	993114

I had extra 1/4-20 Nutserts leftover from a 3rd row seat install in my Jeep. I was hoping to be able to use the factory screws that I pulled from my Weber but they were a bit too short. I was able to run the screws from the bottom up leaving the factory threaded nut in place so I can convert back to the regular WEber table at any if needed.

Name:	IMG_20210204_115930701.jpg
Views:	398
Size:	40.5 KB
ID:	993113

Bending wood!

Name:	IMG_20210207_112909042.jpg
Views:	398
Size:	122.2 KB
ID:	993115

Wood got crazy bent out of shape

Name:	IMG_20210209_140736322.jpg
Views:	401
Size:	97.3 KB
ID:	993116

Trim looking good

Name:	IMG_20210210_135953293.jpg
Views:	408
Size:	92.1 KB
ID:	993117

I found some L channel in the garage and have no idea where or when I ever used it but had two exact needed length pieces that I secured to the Weber Performer frame with self tappers. I actually had to drill pilot holes in the stainless front face plate (to Weber's credit) but the screws ran straight through the rear - non-fascia panel. i'll secure the tabletop to the support overhang once in place.

Name:	IMG_20210210_141756456.jpg
Views:	399
Size:	135.6 KB
ID:	993118

Before grout with trim glued and nailed.

Name:	IMG_20210212_153546829_BURST000_COVER_TOP.jpg
Views:	401
Size:	151.7 KB
ID:	993119

Comment

In a sincere attempt to narrow my intended focus, I jus wanna read/hear/see all of it.

Countless ways to skin a cat, yes?

Even on th most simplest processes, I always enjoy watchin others, an (hopefully),mayhaps burnin some new (starter) wrinkles into my brain

Comment

• Henrik
            Henrik commented
            Editing a comment
            I’m with Bones on this one, show us more!

• latenight71
            latenight71 commented
            Editing a comment
            mmhmm. i hope this wrinkles your cranamikles like never before!

• Mr. Bones
            Mr. Bones commented
            Editing a comment
            latenight71 Many thanks fer sharin yer build with us, much appreciated!

Awesome work! Are you planning on putting some kind of finish on those tiles?

Comment

• latenight71
            latenight71 commented
            Editing a comment
            Hi. Yes. I have some shower tile sealer on hand. it will add a slight sheen.

my mosaic came out pretty sloppy but it's liveable.

Comment

Very nice. I have a performer and I'd love to transform the stock table.

Comment

When we first married my bride mocked my propensity for saving various "I might find a use for this some day....." bits and pieces. She soon learned why I did that when it bailed her out on a project she was doing. Some of us were recycling before it was fashionable........

Comment

• HawkerXP
                HawkerXP commented
                Editing a comment
                I've got a whole basement full of recyclables. LoL!

• USMCCrashCrew89
                USMCCrashCrew89 commented
                Editing a comment
                I got a hard time for stalking the clearance section of the home improvement stores picking up seemingly random bits and pieces, til they all started to come together in a kitchen and bathroom remodel.

Very nice! Should serve you well.

Comment

Very nice!

Comment

Looks great! It certainly won't be blowing away!

Comment

• HawkerXP
                    HawkerXP commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I hope you saved those Weber screws. The original ones were stainless the ones that come with the metal table are not.

• latenight71
                    latenight71 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    haha. yes, it is a might heavier now! Yes, saved the screws in case I want to revert back to stock. they are nice ones. not cheap at the hardware store, either.

Excellent that you came back with the step by step!!! Great photos on how to!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                  No announcement yet.
                  Working...
                  X
                  false
                  ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                  false
                  false
                  {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                  Yes
                  ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                  /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here