Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

weberkettle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

weberkettle

Thinking of getting a weber kettle grill. I have a gasser , pbc. and propane smoker. Is there any advantage to a weber kettle?

Man have you ever come to the right place! Just wait for it. Welcome from south Texas!

Comment

• Panhead John
      Panhead John commented
      Editing a comment
      😂😂😂. Just wait for it. 😂
      Last edited by Panhead John; February 6, 2021, 12:03 PM.

• Panhead John
      Panhead John commented
      Editing a comment
      Larry, this guys fixing to know more about Weber Kettles than the engineers at Weber.

• GolfGeezer
      GolfGeezer commented
      Editing a comment
      Panhead John That’s why I bought a Jumbo Joe. Had to run with The Pit herd! Now I have herd immunity....

I have a gas grill and a kamado. But I still use my kettles. I have one in nearly every size. If you ask me the answer is yes. I'm going to cook some wings on one Sunday.
    Last edited by Attjack; February 6, 2021, 10:44 AM.

Comment

• JakeT
      JakeT commented
      Editing a comment
      My kettles hibernate in the shop until camping season comes along, then they live in the bed of my truck.

• LA Pork Butt
      LA Pork Butt commented
      Editing a comment
      Me too!

You can never go wrong with a weber kettle. The advantages? Simplicity of use, durability, variety of uses, good 'ol charcoal cooked flavors...I and probably most everybody here would say it's a great choice. PK360 is also a great choice with about the same advantages. In my opinion a better looking grill if that matters to you, but it's also a bit more expensive.

Comment

• Richard Chrz
      Richard Chrz commented
      Editing a comment
      I’m not sure if I could part with all of my kettles, but if I did, the PK 360 would be my move. I just like a bigger table, so, I would likely have to get a table made for it.

Welcome aboard from Virginia Beach.
    Concerning the kettle. I like them due to versatility and all the cool add ons and work arounds that are available that make the cooker unique.

Comment

• JakeT
      JakeT commented
      Editing a comment
      Good point with the accessories and add ons. That would be one of the cons of the PK grills.

• tiewunon
      tiewunon commented
      Editing a comment
      JakeT you are one honest guy and I respect you a lot for that. I have a PKO and would never let it go. Great grill and your 360 is light years ahead of my PKO.

• JakeT
      JakeT commented
      Editing a comment
      tiewunon thank you! Easy for me to be honest in that respect. I wouldn't need any of the accessories on a weber kettle or PK since I have my arsenal of various cookers.

Weber kettle is my favorite way to make chicken! so......yes!

Comment

I only have one cooker and it's a Weber Kettle. It's handled everything I've wanted to cook on it from Brisket to Chicken and most of the meats in between. With the KettlePizza attachment I can also have some nice wood-burning pizza pies. My cooking temperature can range from 225 to 700 degF and most points in between.

Comment

I bought a used Weber q gasser last year. It sits, been used one time. I use my kettles (like Attjack, one in every size) and my Weber wsm. Don’t think of them as a grill, think of them as a commercial oven, but only more fun, because it is a giant bowl that you get to set up how ever you may want.

Comment

Oh yes. No outdoor cooking arsenal is complete without a Weber or similar brand kettle. So versatile. And they’re relatively cheap. SnS and Napoleon make nice kettles as well.

Comment

Kettle Chicken with FOGO is life.

what they 👆👆 said.
            +172,457.9 on acquiring the Kettle.

Comment

• RonB
              RonB commented
              Editing a comment
              Panhead John - somehow I'm not surprised...

• HouseHomey
              HouseHomey commented
              Editing a comment
              RonB I actually had to "Lap" Panhead John multiple times to get to that .9 on his behalf.

• Panhead John
              Panhead John commented
              Editing a comment
              How’s this for hijacking a post! 😂

Yes.....the Kettle and Slow n Sear Combo is Awesome. You might want to check out snsgrills.com and look at their kettle. If I didn't have 3 Webers in my yard I would get that grill in a heartbeat.

Comment

Welcome! Like all the others mentioned all the accessories make a kettle the be all do all and fun. Vortex chicken wings or thighs are da bomb. It’s always fun to spin things on a rotisserie. The SnS makes smoking easy. I had a kettle, then a Performer and now the grand daddy Summit Charcoal which I’ve searched hard for or made made all those accessories for that are so easy to find for the kettle.

If you’re really uncertain, find a used Weber on FB or craigslist. If you study and see the value, a Performer is great for the table, the SnS kettle for everything already pretty much already there and done you’ll want to do later, and the new Mastertouch Premium (I think) Weber looks cool for using as a smoker with the charcoal ring and diffuser.

Comment

Welcome. Yes the kettle is the perfect companion for your PBC!

PBC, PBC, PBC!

Comment

• Richard Chrz
                  Richard Chrz commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I don’t even have a PBC. But, I do enjoy it’s loyal following!

• frailinryan
                  frailinryan commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Richard Chrz You should get one!

• bardsleyque
                  bardsleyque commented
                  Editing a comment
                  WSM?WSM?WSM??...

https://pitmaster.amazingribs.com/fo...e-grill-review

Here’s a review of the SNS Kettle Grill from one of our actual members, Joe Sousa. Our reviewer Max Good also has reviewed this one as well.
                The Slow 'N Sear Kettle Grill is mighty nice, but very similar to the Weber Performer, which is not a bad thing. If you're in the market for a new charcoal kettle grill, read our review because this one may be for you. It's definitely worth consideration. We award the Slow 'N Sear Kettle Grill our AmazingRibs.com Best Value Platinum Medal.
                Last edited by Panhead John; February 6, 2021, 12:09 PM.

Comment

I have a Weber Genesis gasser, a Rec Tec pellet grill and a Weber Performer with a SnS Deluxe and the DNG Deluxe. My mood, time available and weather may dictate which is utilized on a specific day. I will say the Performer is the cheapest of my three and we enjoy the charcoal flavor for something different. It took me a few times to understand how the vents control the temp but there is so much help here it wasn't too bad. The ribs on the Performer have been amazing, good luck.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                  No announcement yet.
                  Working...
                  X
                  false
                  ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                  false
                  false
                  {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                  Yes
                  ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                  /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here