Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Multi-level grate and heat defector accessory for the kettle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JimLinebarger
    replied
    It is amazing how our eyes and minds work. Was wondering how this works: was this relocated to either of the poles from the equator?

Leave a comment:

• Richard Chrz
    commented on 's reply
    I’ve been contemplating buying the water pan cover for the 22.5 from Cajun B. Wondering it it could be made into a heat deflector....

• Attjack
    commented on 's reply
    I think you could do that but I believe it only comes with 2 half circle grates. If they included 4 you could have 2 complete levels although access would be tricky.

• Henrik
    replied
    I really like the design. Not featured in the photos you posted (thank you), but I assume you can have a full-size grate at the "bottom" position (above the heat deflector), and also place half a grate in the top position? What I'm after is getting more grate space. So the full grate, plus a 'half-moon' on top.

Leave a comment:

• Redwng
    replied
    I bought a raised grate from SnS and it fits my Performer perfectly even with a pork butt on it. When I do a pork butt I like to put some smoked sausage directly beneath the butt to get some drippings, makes for a great appetizer waiting for the butt to finish.

Leave a comment:

• au4stree
    commented on 's reply
    jfmorris, nor have I. This video is the first time I saw one. https://youtu.be/fqQdJfZp5ws

• Attjack
    commented on 's reply
    I hope they offer the diffuser separately at some point.

• jfmorris
    commented on 's reply
    au4stree that is it. I've never seen one in a store, didn't know it was an option here even. Must be new for 2021, as a kettle with a hinged lid would have caught my eye.

• Attjack
    commented on 's reply
    All you really need is a Weber Kettle (and I would argue a chimney as well) in whatever size fits your company. The Slow 'n Sear isn't necessary, heat deflectors aren't necessary, risers aren't necessary, fans aren't necessary, none of that stuff is. But a lot of that stuff is helpful and fun as well. That's why I have so many cookers and why love new accessories.

• au4stree
    commented on 's reply
    Is this the model you’re referencing? It does have a diffuser, albeit SS, it might accommodate a stone version.

Weber's charcoal and kettle grills give your BBQ the perfect smoky flavor. Shop Weber's large selection of charcoal BBQ grills and light up your cookouts.

• Attjack
    commented on 's reply
    I've wondered the same thing. My guess is they will either offer it stateside in the future or they want us to decide between the Kettle and the kamado.

• jfmorris
    replied
    Attjack I gotta wonder why Weber doesn't sell a kettle with that diffuser and charcoal ring here in the US? I saw it on their European kettles last year, and the link you gave is for their New Zealand page. While I don't need it, due to having the SNS, it seems it would be a nice option to have for folks in the US, and not just the rest of the planet...

Leave a comment:

• zinfella
    replied
    This is not going the way that I'd like to see it go. I'm not opposed to folks giving this stuff a try, I'm only opposed to becoming involved myself. I'd love to see some results, including images, from those accessories. That is how things get improved.

Even though I enjoy watching sports car racing, that doesn't mean that I'm in the market for a Ferrari.

Leave a comment:

• zinfella
    replied
    I have not because I have no interest in a Kamado. A lot of folks love 'em, and good for them. Actually, I thought that I was interested in a pellet pooper until I discovered their limitations and the fact that the model that interested me is not without issues that would tick me off at those prices.

With a Weber kettle, having a Performer model doesn't change the way it cooks, but it does make my life easier and more convenient.

Leave a comment:

• Attjack
    commented on 's reply
    Also, the new Weber Kettle design uses a similar concept.

Diffuser: https://www.weber.com/NZ/en/blog/new...r-1549666.html

Riser: https://product-images.weber.com/Gri...bg=0FFF&pad=50

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here