Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Multi-level grate and heat defector accessory for the kettle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jfmorris
    replied
    Kind of interesting concept! But I, for one, would probably go to flip my meat, and flip it right into that gap between the grates and into the fire, if cooking on a split grate on multiple levels, haha.

I have a Hovergrill, and its good for expanding the cooking on my kettle, but its also a pain, as the clearance is so low that its hard to get under it with the tongs to flip wings or stuff on the bottom grate. And its support legs get in the way of meat on the main grate. I usually end up just taking it off and putting it back, when its time to rotate or flip meat on the kettle. The elevated grate from SNS is better in this regard, as its a little bit higher than the Hovergrill, and it doesn't have legs that run across the width of your main cooking grate.

Leave a comment:

• JimLinebarger
    replied
    I was looking at that also, along with other things from only fire. Wondering how close to the lid that grate is.

Leave a comment:

• Multi-level grate and heat defector accessory for the kettle

This looks pretty nice. I want to buy a new SS grate for my SS Performer. I may end up getting this for $86.

Click image for larger version

Name:	af3cpKD.jpg
Views:	349
Size:	43.1 KB
ID:	981524

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here