Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Multi-level grate and heat defector accessory for the kettle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Attjack
    commented on 's reply
    Ever use a kamado? This accessory would make a kettle operate a lot like my oval shaped Primo XL.

• Attjack
    commented on 's reply
    I've often thought about insulating a kettle.

• Old Glory
    replied
    That is pretty cool. Turns your kettle into an un-insulated Kamado

Leave a comment:

• zinfella
    replied
    It's about having fun, with some folks more adventuresome than others. Trust me when I tell 'ya that we enjoy an extensive menu when it comes to variety. But, we pretty well now what we're going to wind up with before I fire up the grill. At our age, experimenting with new fangled accessories for our performer doesn't incite much interest here, with the exception of the SnS. The stuff in this thread reminds me of an Erector Set, no disrespect intended. It looks hard to use for what we do, but then to be fair, we don't cook different food items on the grill at the same time, save to say maybe some baked spuds, then veggies as the main cook rests. IOW, we're only using one cooking temp oer cook, multiple grill levels on the at the same time are not for us.

OTOH, if this stuff trips your trigger then more power to 'ya!

Leave a comment:

• DavidNorcross
    replied
    There are surely alot of options and configurations available with this accessory

Leave a comment:

• Attjack
    commented on 's reply
    Although it would be pretty low in the grill.

• Attjack
    commented on 's reply
    No, it sits on the base unit (see directly above).

• HouseHomey
    replied
    So does the deflector sit right on top of the coals?? Hmmmm

Leave a comment:

• Attjack
    replied
    I guess the downside would be that if I think I want to use this as my main great for regular grilling is that those grate supports will be there and potentially get in the way of accessing the food.

Click image for larger version

Name:	bvaRxCQ.png
Views:	314
Size:	113.6 KB
ID:	981591

Leave a comment:

• Steve R.
    commented on 's reply
    "But I, for one, would probably go to flip my meat, and flip it right into that gap between the grates and into the fire, if cooking on a split grate on multiple levels, haha."

I'm not at all proud of some of the things I have said and done when that kind of thing has happened in the past. Thankfully, I have calmed down as kids came along and I have gotten older.

• Attjack
    commented on 's reply
    You could definitely use it as a pizza stone too.

• Attjack
    commented on 's reply
    Steve R. I wouldn't surprised if I used that full deflector configuration most often. Especially if I ended up taking it down to the cabin where I don't have a kamado.

• Alabama Smoke
    replied
    So that thing is a heat deflector. Gee, I thought it was a pizza stone, but the configuration of it looked odd.

Leave a comment:

• Steve R.
    commented on 's reply
    Okay, thanks for the further explanation. I was wondering what the advantage is over just a normal two zone setup. I like the ability the use the full heat deflector under a full grate.

• Attjack
    replied
    There are quite a few configurations. Although I'm not ordering it today It seems like I should probably get it at some point. I was going to buy a new grate after winter passed when I anticipate using the Performer more often. On the other hand, sometimes MCS hits me fiercely.

Name:	71tSD6osr%2BL._AC_SL1500_.jpg
Views:	340
Size:	73.9 KB
ID:	981548

Name:	71-kqhnkRBL._AC_SL1500_.jpg
Views:	331
Size:	90.0 KB
ID:	981549

Leave a comment:

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here