Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I finally found a used Weber 26"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I finally found a used Weber 26"

I have been pretty happy with my current setup of 2 Performers, a gasser, and a pellet grill. I'd love to add a Blackstone and a Kamado, but those aren't happening anytime soon. There was only one upgrade I have been really wanting to make, and that is swapping out one of the Performers for a 26" kettle. I've been keeping an eye out for at least 2 years, but never found one locally available without buying new, which would have been a tough sell to my wife so I never even tried. I even grabbed a Slow N Sear XL a while back that's been sitting around waiting for the day it would find a new grill to call home. On Saturday, I checked Facebook Marketplace and there it was! Used 26" Weber, good condition, $150. I jumped all over it, drove half an hour to pick it up yesterday, and now it's all mine!

Click image for larger version

Name:	grill2.jpg
Views:	358
Size:	117.3 KB
ID:	975994
    Click image for larger version

Name:	grill1.jpg
Views:	304
Size:	212.6 KB
ID:	975995

It'll spend a day or two in the garage while I wait for a cover to arrive and move it out back. I already have some turkey breast and two big turkey legs defrosting, so they'll be the first to try it out. I'm sure it would be easier to just cook them on a Performer, but... new toy.

Now I just need to clean up and sell a Performer. If anyone in the Northern Virginia area is in the market for a used one, let me know.

Nice find!

Comment

You beat me to it! LoL! I also live in Northern VA and also peruse Craigslist and FB market place looking for the 26".

Now. What color Performer are we thinking of selling?

Comment

• HawkerXP
        HawkerXP commented
        Editing a comment
        Now that I'm looking at the 26" I see its defective. The rivet holding the top vent is rusty. I'll be glad to take that to the junkyard for you.

• jumbo7676
        jumbo7676 commented
        Editing a comment
        Black. It's a Premium, not Deluxe, so it has the bigger table but not the gas assist. Once I have a chance to clean it up I'll post some pictures and let you know. Will give first shot and a discount to Pit members before posting elsewhere.

- Nice find. Have always wanted a 26. Grill envy setting in.
      - If (and thats the operative word) my 22 ever goes toes up a 26 will move in. Got to admit most likely won't happen in my lifetime. My 18 bought at the NEX in Yokosuka in 1980 went toes up at the 32 year point. It's demise was assisted by heavy winds or it would still be kicking.

Comment

• zinfella
        zinfella commented
        Editing a comment
        Whelp, IMO, most folks waiting for their current kettle to bite the dust before getting a newer model will most likely never see the newer model in their possession.

• Steve R.
        Steve R. commented
        Editing a comment
        Maybe that 22 just needs a little help tipping over in some heavy wind.

• tiewunon
        tiewunon commented
        Editing a comment
        Steve R. hearing what you are putting down. With the move to Central Fl soon a "fall off the truck" scenario could happen.

Awesome find! In 5 years looking I have only seen 1 26" pop up and of course I snatched it up ($150 as well). I still look for a second one to add to the collection but haven't seen another.

Comment

• JoeSousa
        JoeSousa commented
        Editing a comment
        RustyHaines I was surprised it was easier to find a used Ranch than a used 26. Still don't see either of them pop up often at all.

• RustyHaines
        RustyHaines commented
        Editing a comment
        You know the best solution would be a 26" Performer which will probably never happen.

• jumbo7676
        jumbo7676 commented
        Editing a comment
        RustyHaines I've just started getting interested in woodworking. Haven't built anything yet, but once I feel like I know what I'm doing a Performer-esque table for the 26 would be fun to try.

Congrats, Jumbo! I'm sure that you'll love the size increase.

But after owning my Performer for decades,I can tell you, it would only get replaced with another Performer, because I see non-Performer models as a step backward, irrespective of size. YMMV

Comment

• Steve R.
        Steve R. commented
        Editing a comment
        I love the rock-solid steadiness of the Performer cart. If they ever make a 26" version of that, I'll be all over it.

• jfmorris
        jfmorris commented
        Editing a comment
        Steve R. yes something to be said for that extra stability. I used to have an old 1997 3 legged standard 22" kettle, and I cannot tell you how many times it came apart while rolling, the legs fell off, it fell over, you name it. The legs just pushed into the sockets and rotated a little, and were basically friction fit, and not very well fitted at that. I donated it to someone who needed a new grill a few years ago, after I had the Performer.

• jumbo7676
        jumbo7676 commented
        Editing a comment
        I'll still have one Performer left after I sell one. Best of both worlds.

I love my 26, it is likely being dropped into a stainless table with wheels this summer.

Comment

Originally posted by Richard Chrz View Post
        I love my 26, it is likely being dropped into a stainless table with wheels this summer.
        Whelp, if Weber isn't offering such a model, it ain't gonna stop you! I can't wait to see pics of your creation!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
        Yes
        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here