Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do dads....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do dads....

I got this years ago when one of the local BBQ's Galore sores was closing and offering discounts on in store stock. It fits the curvature of Weber kettles perfectly, and makes short work of removing carbon deposits. grease, and crud. Handier than 2 pockets on a shirt!

I'd love to have a couple more of them to give my kids as a gift, but I can't find them, or in fact any reference to them. The company that made them, Easy Embers, was in Evergreen, Colorado, and they disappeared too.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by zinfella; December 27, 2020, 03:11 PM.

Neat little guy. I use a power washer if it gets bad enough.

Comment

I want one

Comment

How are your skills? You can make this. This seems like a perfect time to use the phrase "new project, new tool". Haven't you been looking for a reason to buy one of those contour gauges?

Comment

I also want one. If you figure out where to get them or to make them, I will buy a min of 10. All my family and close friends have Weber kettles. Awesome gift for them.

Comment

Originally posted by Jfrosty27 View Post
            I also want one. If you figure out where to get them or to make them, I will buy a min of 10. All my family and close friends have Weber kettles. Awesome gift for them.
            Nope, I have no clue as to how to get any of them. I posted the pics in hopes that somebody here might help with locating them. I can't be the only person that ever bought one, but then nobody else has fessed up.
            Last edited by zinfella; December 27, 2020, 10:51 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by jerrybell View Post
              How are your skills? You can make this. This seems like a perfect time to use the phrase "new project, new tool". Haven't you been looking for a reason to buy one of those contour gauges?

Ain't happen'in! My skills went with my eyesight.

Comment

• Jerod Broussard
                Jerod Broussard commented
                Editing a comment
                At least you had some at some point......

Don’t have the answer for the OP’s "Easy Embers" but I have found an el cheapo way to get ash out of my kettles. Take a look at the "Scoop N Scrape" (dry wallers might recognize this). Caution it is plastic so only an option for when fires are out. Found it on Amazon.
              Now if you want to spend some money but still not as practical as the OP’s option the SS Breeo ash cleaning tool might work. The price of that puppy does not work for me.

Comment

zinfella - Like you, I didn't come up with anything on an internet search for these. I found one item that showed an ash scoop that Weber made for their 18" kettles. The curvature of the scoop was matched to the kettle. It looked like a nice accessory, but is also no longer available. I suspect with the integrated ash sweeps on the Weber's, these accessory ash removal tools have lost any popularity they once had.

Comment

• LA Pork Butt
                  LA Pork Butt commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I have that one and it comes in handy. Too bad they don’t make any more. The backwards handle is the genius idea.

Upon the advice of Red Man I used a putty knife for cleaning the baked on crud in the bowl of my kettle. Worked great! It’s not curved of course, but that wasn’t really too much of an issue at all. A 2” or 3” putty knife worked really well going mainly from top to bottom.
                Last edited by Panhead John; December 28, 2020, 04:05 PM.

Comment

• Alabama Smoke
                  Alabama Smoke commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I wonder if one were to take a 3 or 4 inch putty knife, and using either a vice and pair of channel lock pliers or simply draping the knife blade between two raised surfaces (perhaps two pieces of 2x4 lumber) and tapping the suspended center portion of the scrapper with a hammer might give satisfactory results? The bend in this way would not be perfect but I bet you could get it closer than just a flat blade..

• Panhead John
                  Panhead John commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Alabama Smoke It was a few months ago when I did it, but using the smaller 2” or so putty knife, the curvature of the bowl wasn’t a problem. The blade of the putty knife still rested flat against the bowl. It did work better though going up and down vs. side to side. I tried a 4” also, and with that wider one, the bowl curvature did present a problem. If there was a way to make a curve in it, that would work great probably.

I’ll post another pic tomorrow to show you a better shot of the curve.

Comment

I found this that is similar. Most everything else I saw had either a flat blade or was curved the other direction.

Or this one.

Or bend the handle of this one.
                  Last edited by JimLinebarger; December 29, 2020, 03:28 PM.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                  No announcement yet.
                  Working...
                  X
                  false
                  ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                  false
                  false
                  {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                  Yes
                  ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                  /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here