Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Weber 26 kettle hinge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Weber 26 kettle hinge

I think I am going to pimp my 26 out this next year, stainless grate, front handle, and hoping a hinge, also looking at a stainless steel grill table. Has anyone added a hinge to a 26 kettle?

Click image for larger version  Name:	A37A1395-41FF-4918-946E-6FDC7977568B.jpeg Views:	21 Size:	520.8 KB ID:	961805
    Last edited by Richard Chrz; December 24, 2020, 03:24 PM.

I did my 22 since it didn't have a holder like the 26. Left the 26 as is. Cooking a prime rib tomorrow on the 26.

LOVE THE HINGE ON THE 22.

Comment

May I assume you got a handle on using a Webber?

Comment

• Richard Chrz
        Richard Chrz commented
        Editing a comment
        I’m pretty new to all of this, but I’m comfortable with my Weber’s.
        Last edited by Richard Chrz; December 24, 2020, 01:47 PM.

I don't see the purpose of a hinge, since there is already a lid holder. I will most likely add a front handle at some point, though.

Comment

So your 26” doesn’t have the wire holder? That lid is really heavy. I have one of those hinges on my 22” WSM and it almost tips the cooker over if I’m not careful. The 26” would be close to dangerous, but maybe there are others who’ve had success with one.

Comment

My 26 does have the wire holder, the lid however from chair level is very heavy. I can not lift a 26 lid. I currently slide it a bit, and then tilt it back into the lid carrier with my hands and a grill glove.truly . If I have a table, I may take that holder off of it, which would make it completely stable.
          Last edited by Richard Chrz; December 24, 2020, 02:16 PM.

Comment

• Polarbear777
            Polarbear777 commented
            Editing a comment
            Yeah that thing is heavy. I don’t think the simple hinge would work. If you mount to a table so it can’t tip over at all, maybe a heavy duty hinge would work.

Just a note that I’m fairly sure the 26” comes with a stainless steel cook grate in stock configuration. The 22” does come with coated grates.

so you may not need to replace through I’m sure there are nice aftermarket ones out there.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here