Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Weber Kettle question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Weber Kettle question

It seems like every time I set up two zone cooking I pile my charcoal on the left side of my grill and cook on the right side of the grill. Should I make an effort to rotate the charcoal to diffrent sides of the grill so it doesn't wear out the left side of my grill?

It's not critical, but certainly couldn't hurt. Also. be sure to locate the lid damper on the indirect side. So if coal is on the left, the lid vent is on the right to create even air flow.

Comment

I always build my fire on the right side of my performer. For me the reason for this is the lid holder on the Performer is on the left side and it's easier to tend to the cook when the fire is opposite the stored lid.

Comment

I rotate the charcoal grate a quarter of a turn every other cook so as to minimize warping the grate. Whether there is any truth as to if it works has yet to be seen, but it gives me piece of mind. I also rotate the cooking grate 180* every cook so I can get the side I had recently cooked on over direct heat to aid in the cleaning process.

Comment

• JeffJ
          JeffJ commented
          Editing a comment
          I do rotate my grates, especially the food support grate. My charcoal support grate for the Performer is now warped but is still functional. Fortunately with their modular and ubiquitous design, replacement parts for Weber products are easily obtained.

I rotate the charcoal and grate as well. My girl says it's because I'm OCD but I think it makes a difference.
        BTW love that Bills avatar!!

Comment

• CurlingDog
          CurlingDog commented
          Editing a comment
          @Greasy... CDO is more alphabetically correct.

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here