Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Serious delimma -

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Serious delimma -

I think I'm going to scratch that MCS itch for Christmas.
    I was thinking about an SnS deluxe kettle..... or this weber kettle and adding an SnS insert.
    The ritual of charcoal grilling meets the convenient features and the wow factor of the Master Touch. Equipped with a hinged Gourmet BBQ System cooking grate. Equipped with a Tuck Away lid holder for convenient lid placement, taller legs, and Char-Basket fuel holders for easily arranging briquettes, all you need to focus on is mastering your dish.Find the GRILL KETTL MT 22OCNBLU at Ace.

I mean, it's blue!

Besides the color difference, is there anything you really like about the Webers that the SnS doesn't have?

Click image for larger version

Name:	060BD152-E1A0-4CAC-AE95-9725395A8A24.jpeg
Views:	315
Size:	139.9 KB
ID:	956965 Figure $100 for the SnS insert you plan getting and you have a $34 dollar difference. The SnS does have that table the Weber doesn't. But that blue kettle
    Last edited by HawkerXP; December 16, 2020, 11:26 AM.

Comment

I know...... I really like the light blue one for some reason..... But thats only in 26"

Comment

RonB has a blue one doesn't he? The blue is pretty sweet. But the table is invaluable...depending on your outdoor cookspace of course

Comment

• RonB
        RonB commented
        Editing a comment
        Well, I am kinda partial to blue. I must admit that I am spoiled now - the gas assist for lighting is great. When I first got the Performer, I thought the gas assist was just a gimmick, but I do love it now.
        I think the SNS has an edge, but it isn't blue.

And four legs on the SNS kettle is such a good idea.

...but that blue...

Kathryn

Comment

• Richard Chrz
        Richard Chrz commented
        Editing a comment
        So, interesting, or maybe not. Although I believe it looks more sturdy. But, from my two thoughts, a grill leg is a pain in the ass to get my chair around, it is back up, turn slightly, go forward, repeat any time I try to approach my 26, a 4th would only add another block to access, and 3 vs 4 in my scenario,neither one of them would stand up to my foot rest sweeping the leg= out from under the grill. Now an actual grill table, is far better then both.

• bbqLuv
        bbqLuv commented
        Editing a comment
        Three legs will be steady on uneven ground, but four legs may not.

That Blue! Show stopper. Custom tables etc are easy enough to get, and then you get one that’s fits you. (Get then26 in light blue, and save a step..) 😂
      Last edited by Richard Chrz; December 16, 2020, 10:22 AM.

Comment

I'd definitely get the SnS for all the included features Weber doesn't have out of the box. Probe and fan ports, better grate with a wider hinge, shelf etc.

Comment

I would go with the SNS too. But as everybody has said - that blue...

Comment

• BFlynn
            BFlynn commented
            Editing a comment
            Only downside to the blue, is that people around here might mistake me for a Cowboys fan.

• klflowers
            klflowers commented
            Editing a comment
            BFlynn that settles it. SNS. I don't want you getting insulted like that

• HouseHomey
            HouseHomey commented
            Editing a comment
            BFlynn GO COWBOYS!!!

I actually really love the SNS grey color, so the blue weber doesn't do it for me :-)

Comment

• Henrik
            Henrik commented
            Editing a comment
            +1

If you already have a Weber kettle, I don't think I would replace it with the SnS. But starting from scratch, I would go with the SnS.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	5402F653-AF52-41F5-A11C-691D70B78E34.jpeg
Views:	310
Size:	157.0 KB
ID:	956969

Comment

• BFlynn
              BFlynn commented
              Editing a comment
              So you're saying I should get the SnS?

pbc,pbc, pbc, pbc

• HawkerXP
              HawkerXP commented
              Editing a comment
              Actually, If I didn't have my Weber kettles I'd probably go with the SnS. Dave is one of us and has always been a straight shooter.

I just like showing off my blue baby.
              Last edited by HawkerXP; December 16, 2020, 02:55 PM.

There are the add on shelves you can purchase separately. I think a few have them here.

I mean.....that blue hahaha.

Comment

The whole reason you’re getting it is for the cooks I’m assuming. Blue doesn’t cook any better than charcoal grey the SNS has. As others have mentioned the SNS has the better cooking grate, the fan and grate ports, comes with a shelf. On that subject, the SNS shelf is a fold down, the side shelf I bought for my Weber kettle is not. I have to remove it and put it somewhere after all my cooks, to get it out of the way. The lid rack is on the left on the SNS vs. in the back of the Weber, easier access IMO. Also the SNS has 4 legs, vs. Weber’s 3. I’d go with the SNS, hands down.
              Last edited by Panhead John; December 16, 2020, 03:36 PM.

Comment

Why not the New Weber 22 Mastertouch with hinge, heat defuser, etc...If I were buying a new 22 today. It would be that one. https://www.weber.com/US/en/grills/c...cgid=4#start=1

Comment

• Richard Chrz
                  Richard Chrz commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I should add, I do not even own a SnS add on, So, I am not really sure the value of that coming with a grill. I never have problems running a smooth temp on a 22. The defuser plate, that makes your entire surface like the 24 summit charcoal. Adds real estate for smoking on a 22. More then I imagine a SnS would provide.

I wouldn't buy another Weber 22 myself if mine died, I personally would go for the SnS kettle. Not because the Weber isn't any good, it's perfectly fine, but the SnS kettle improves the kettle so much with the table, the thermometer positioned on the vent side, and the probe wire port. The 26" Weber kettle though, that's a beast and I encourage you to consider it.

Comment

• Panhead John
                  Panhead John commented
                  Editing a comment
                  It’s been a while since I checked, but I’d say it’s at least 75* hotter. In fact, I think on my next cook I’ll check the vent temps VS grate temps on mine also.
                  Last edited by Panhead John; December 16, 2020, 04:28 PM.

• Huskee
                  Huskee commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Panhead John I just checked it is 75. Could be higher here & there, toward 100, but my 90% avg is 75. One time my thermometer died and I couldn't find my spare and so I cooked keeping the Weber's lid therm at 300 and all was well.

• HouseHomey
                  HouseHomey commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I simply don’t want to exist without my 26.

Announcement

Collapse
              No announcement yet.
              Working...
              X
              false
              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
              false
              false
              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
              Yes
              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here